Old January 23rd 06, 01:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Neil Williams wrote:
Ross wrote:

You're making the same mistake, I think.

If they're arriving at the *ticket office*, they're intending to
buy a ticket in the first place, which makes the argument being
advanced completely fallacious.

If they're arriving at the ticket barrier (if there is one) or on
the platform, then it's a different matter entirely.

The ticket office for HEx is right by the HEx (platforms 6,7) barriers
at Paddington.

The offending message, as I recall, appears on the PIS displays
throughout the station.

I was at Paddington on Sunday afternoon 22 January, and the only sign I
saw that said "Travelcards not accepted" was on the platform display at
Platform 7. HEx had two staff there to give advice to passengers; one
of them implied that Network Rail had not changed the displays despite
being requested to do so by HEx. HEx ticket staff at both Paddington
and the two stations at Heathrow were advising passengers to buy
Travelcards, though I think at least some of them were acting on their
own initiative. LU staff were on hand at T123 station and in the
arrivals hall at T4 to advise passengers and sell them Travelcards.

My conclusion is that (yesterday at any rate) any blame for wrong
information lay with Network Rail.

Network Rail were also guilty of holding my airport-bound HEx just west
of Westbourne Park for 3 minutes to let an HST overtake it. I thought
that the superior acceleration of a 100 mph Class 332 HEx was supposed
to keep it clear of a following 125 mph HST until Airport Junction.
--
Richard J.

Old January 23rd 06, 05:07 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:11:14 GMT, Richard J. wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
Ross wrote:

If they're arriving at the *ticket office*, they're intending to
buy a ticket in the first place, which makes the argument being
advanced completely fallacious.

If they're arriving at the ticket barrier (if there is one) or on
the platform, then it's a different matter entirely.

The ticket office for HEx is right by the HEx (platforms 6,7) barriers
at Paddington.

The ticket office at Lincoln is right by the gate (well, arch leading)
to platform 5. There's still a difference between arriving at the
ticket office and arriving at the platform gate.

The offending message, as I recall, appears on the PIS displays
throughout the station.

I was at Paddington on Sunday afternoon 22 January, and the only sign I
saw that said "Travelcards not accepted" was on the platform display at
Platform 7. HEx had two staff there to give advice to passengers; one
of them implied that Network Rail had not changed the displays despite
being requested to do so by HEx. HEx ticket staff at both Paddington
and the two stations at Heathrow were advising passengers to buy
Travelcards, though I think at least some of them were acting on their
own initiative. LU staff were on hand at T123 station and in the
arrivals hall at T4 to advise passengers and sell them Travelcards.

So the people claiming otherwise have been making assumptions about
what was happening on the ground?
--
Ross, in Lincoln, most likely being cynical or sarcastic, as ever.
Reply-to will bounce. Replace the junk-trap with my name to e-mail me.

Demonstration of poor photography at http://ross.photobook.org.uk
AD: http://www.merciacharters.co.uk for European charters occasionally gripped by me
Old February 9th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article .com, Neil
Williams writes
Bob Wood wrote:

So if they arrived at Gloucester, how did they turn up in Oxford? I
don't seem to be following this very well.
:-)

Gloucester Green is the name of the main bus station in Oxford.

Neil

and you can get a coach from Gloucester Green, Oxford to Gloucester.

--
Alan

Old February 9th 06, 03:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article .com, Neil
Williams writes
Bob Wood wrote:

So if they arrived at Gloucester, how did they turn up in Oxford? I
don't seem to be following this very well.
:-)

Gloucester Green is the name of the main bus station in Oxford.

Neil

Just like Liverpool Street station is not in Liverpool.

--
Alan

Old February 9th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In ,
Alan Osborn typed:
In article .com,
Neil Williams writes
Bob Wood wrote:

So if they arrived at Gloucester, how did they turn up in Oxford? I
don't seem to be following this very well.
:-)

Gloucester Green is the name of the main bus station in Oxford.

Neil

Just like Liverpool Street station is not in Liverpool.

You needed to read further up the thread to understand what this was
about.

--
Bob

Old February 10th 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Alan Osborn wrote:

In article .com, Neil
Williams writes
Bob Wood wrote:

So if they arrived at Gloucester, how did they turn up in Oxford? I
don't seem to be following this very well. :-)

Gloucester Green is the name of the main bus station in Oxford.

Just like Liverpool Street station is not in Liverpool.

And Lime Street is not in Limehouse. Clearly, a swap should take place.

tom

--
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. -- Emiliano Zapata

HEX Ripoff .... CJB London Transport 28 December 2nd 14 11:38 PM
Ripoff tube fares [email protected] London Transport 9 September 12th 11 06:21 PM
What a ripoff. [email protected] London Transport 45 January 11th 10 10:12 PM
More shenanigans with Heathrtow Connect CJB London Transport 7 December 18th 07 01:54 AM
More HEX & Connect Shenanigans CJB London Transport 9 June 13th 06 08:57 PM