Old January 17th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wagn Rolling Stock

WAGN into Moorgate seem to have had rolling stock problems and defective
units every day for about the last two weeks.

Is it all very old ? Or is that a catchall excuse like "wrong kind
of leaves ?" :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Old January 18th 06, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
WAGN into Moorgate seem to have had rolling stock problems and defective
units every day for about the last two weeks.

Is it all very old ? Or is that a catchall excuse like "wrong kind
of leaves ?" :-)

I have no idea what the faults are, but perhaps it's the same unit
causing problems (not sure how many 313's they have in total)?

They have all recently had a refit to get CCTV, and glow-in-the-dark
strips next to the ceiling lights (plus easily removable glow-sticks
that seem to have disappeared.. I wonder why!). I'm not sure why you
need to 'see' the ceiling in the dark, but as I've been on two trains
where the internal lights were switched off, it would be nice to see
the effect when going through one of the many tunnels.

Anyway, perhaps the addition of the CCTV cameras and recording
equipment (quite a lot of stripping down and rebuilding internally) may
have damaged something else?

Jonathan

Old January 19th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
clockend writes

WAGN/NetworkRail also do not seem to maintain the track to the same
standards as LUL so often points at Moorgate or Drayton Park cause a
problem. Also a track circuit failure halts the service unlike on LUL
where stop and proceed can be implemented.

Thanks, that makes sense of all the "Problems at Drayton Park"
announcements. It is a bit like travelling on a hobbyist line run by
Uncle Cyril and his mates...... but I kind of like that :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK
Old January 19th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
In message .com,
clockend writes

WAGN/NetworkRail also do not seem to maintain the track to the same
standards as LUL so often points at Moorgate or Drayton Park cause a
problem. Also a track circuit failure halts the service unlike on LUL
where stop and proceed can be implemented.

Thanks, that makes sense of all the "Problems at Drayton Park"
announcements. It is a bit like travelling on a hobbyist line run by
Uncle Cyril and his mates...... but I kind of like that :-)

Alas, if Uncle Cyril were running it, he and his mates would be down on the
track securing the routes and adjusting points rather than waiting for
network rail to turn up and deal with it for them!