Old January 25th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Default Stratford

"Laurence Payne" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:27:25 -0000, "TKD" wrote:

That's interesting. I regularly transfer CentralJubilee at
Stratford. I have never touched in or out on the Central platform,
but have to touch at the Jubilee barrier. This has never given a
problem with my Oyster pre-pay in either direction.

It wouldn't. You do not need to touch the Central line validators if
changing from the Jubilee.

So I wonder what happened to my name-sake?

The fact that no exit was recorded at Leyton would suggest that the
card was not read properly by the validator.

Old January 26th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TKD wrote:
"Laurence Payne" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:27:25 -0000, "TKD" wrote:

That's interesting. I regularly transfer CentralJubilee at
Stratford. I have never touched in or out on the Central platform,
but have to touch at the Jubilee barrier. This has never given a
problem with my Oyster pre-pay in either direction.
It wouldn't. You do not need to touch the Central line validators if
changing from the Jubilee.

So I wonder what happened to my name-sake?

The fact that no exit was recorded at Leyton would suggest that the
card was not read properly by the validator.

But it opened the gates, and (when I checked the record later) had a
completed journey from London Bridge to Stratford on it. Perhaps they
changed the system at Stratford because people were facing this problem?
It wasn't that long after the introduction of prepay that I had this
experience.

Robin
Old January 26th 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

"R.C. Payne" wrote in message ...
TKD wrote:
[...]

I thought the whole point fo this story was it didn't open the gates at Leyton?