Old July 28th 03, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Proper pronounciation of 'Aldwych'

Redonda wrote:

Graham J wrote:
What's the correct pronunciation of Braun, as in the name of the
manufacturer of kitchen appliances - "Brawn" or "Brown" (the

latter
being the German pronunciation).

I think it rather depends on where you are. It 'should' be "Brown"
but internationally they themselves use the "Brawn" pronunciation

go with the flow. Other German brands like Adidas and Volkswagen

do
the same thing.

But 'Vee-Dub' sounds *much* better than 'Fow-Vay' (that's 'fow' as in
'how', not 'low') :-)

Spaniards have to cope with (phonetically) oobay oobay-doblay.

Hey - maybe that's why Volkswagen bought Seat.

Colin McKenzie

Old July 28th 03, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi there,

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

I can't be held responsible for ignorant North Americans.

so please name somebody who can. I'll send 'round some mates.

Have a nice one,

Peter

--
Opinions expressed in this posting do not necessarily reflect my
employers' opinions. That's what they love me for.