Old April 1st 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

Hello

For those unaware this weekend sees the operation to lift out via the access
shaft the Waterloo & City Line 1992 Tube Stock before despatching to
Doncaster for overhaul whilst the line is closed.

Some pictures I took earlier today are now uploaded to he
http://gallery39764.fotopic.net/c909597.html

Waterloo Millenium Gardens provides a brilliant ringside seat and
subject to wind conditions, further cars should emerge from the
depths tomorrow (Sunday).

Its quite a spectacular sight! Notable that the old NSE Class 482
unit numbers are still visible on some car ends and there was a small
Balfour Beatty locomotive of some kind on a flatbed I assume waiting to be
lowered in.

Regards
John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections:
Railpics
http://gallery39764.fotopic.net/

Buspics
http://gallery42239.fotopic.net/

Old April 2nd 06, 01:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I can see the descriptions of what the pictures should be but no pictures.
What do I do to see the pictures?

Lawrie

reenews.net...

Old April 2nd 06, 07:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Was there a lift at one time that enabled W & C stock to reach the main
line?

--
Regards

Vauxhall

Old April 2nd 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Vauxhall Victor" wrote in message
Was there a lift at one time that enabled W & C stock to reach the main
line?

Yes, but that disappeared when Waterloo International was built.
--
David Biddulph

Old April 2nd 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:10:24 +0100, "JMUpton2000" securitynovels @
freeuk.com wrote:

Hello

For those unaware this weekend sees the operation to lift out via the access
shaft the Waterloo & City Line 1992 Tube Stock before despatching to
Doncaster for overhaul whilst the line is closed.

Some pictures I took earlier today are now uploaded to he
http://gallery39764.fotopic.net/c909597.html

Thanks for sharing those - very interesting indeed.
--
Paul C

Old April 2nd 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

freeuk.com wrote:

Waterloo Millenium Gardens provides a brilliant ringside seat

Absolutely. Makes a pleasant change when a major bit of engineering
work like this takes place in a location with such good public viewing
access.

Thanks for sharing your photos, if anyone craves even more (including
some close-ups of the carriage undersides as they were craned
overhead), I've put the good ones from my collection online as well at
http://tornado.pair.com/drain_cleaning/index.html

Regards
Chris
Old April 2nd 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

freeuk.com wrote:

Waterloo Millenium Gardens provides a brilliant ringside seat

Absolutely. Makes a pleasant change when a major bit of engineering
work like this takes place in a location with such good public viewing
access.

Thanks for sharing your photos, if anyone craves even more (including
some close-ups of the carriage undersides as they were craned
overhead), I've put the good ones from my collection online as well at
http://tornado.pair.com/drain_cleaning/index.html

Regards
Chris

Thanks for your pics too.

Amazing how dirty the car ends are. I guess the train wash does not
manage to reach in to the gap between cars, assuming there is even a
train wash down there. But you'd think they would do these bits by
hand every couple of months!
Old April 5th 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Frimberly wrote:
Thanks for sharing your photos, if anyone craves even more (including
some close-ups of the carriage undersides as they were craned
overhead), I've put the good ones from my collection online as well at
http://tornado.pair.com/drain_cleaning/index.html

What surprises me is that the cars are still powered up enough to
display "Bank" on the destination screens while going through this
procedure. Do these trains not have a full "off" switch?

--
Simon Hewison
Old April 5th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Simon Hewison" wrote in message
Peter Frimberly wrote:
Thanks for sharing your photos, if anyone craves even more (including
some close-ups of the carriage undersides as they were craned
overhead), I've put the good ones from my collection online as well at
http://tornado.pair.com/drain_cleaning/index.html

What surprises me is that the cars are still powered up enough to display
"Bank" on the destination screens while going through this procedure. Do
these trains not have a full "off" switch?

No power needed - due to the rather limited range of destinations it is just
a sticker.

Peter Smyth

Old April 6th 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Peter Smyth
writes
What surprises me is that the cars are still powered up enough to display
"Bank" on the destination screens while going through this procedure. Do
these trains not have a full "off" switch?

No power needed - due to the rather limited range of destinations it is just
a sticker.

Let's hope they remember to put them back facing the same direction or
else the driver may get confused.

--
Bob Adams - email: bob55 at ntlworld dot com