Old April 14th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford and Oysters

I'm now on pay as you go.

Today I took a DLR from Devons Road to Stratford. Swiped in on way into
Devons Road, Swiped out when I arrived on DLR platform at Stratford.

The little display came up with 1.00 or something. So I assume I was
charged £1.

I then needed to exit the station at Stratford, and when I swiped through
the gates I saw another 1.00 come up.

I was going to queue up at the machine to find out whether or not I'd been
charged twice (one DLR journey and one unresolved tube journey) but the
queue was massive, stretching right out of the station.

Will I have been charged twice? If so, I assume it will be easy to prove my
innocence and therefore get the money back but why should I have to? If I
had not used the swipe when leaving the DLR train at Stratford and gone
straight for the barriers, would I have had a problem getting through the
gates, or even charged more?

Thanks.

Old April 14th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

[...]

You should be ok. Where you pass through many barriers or validators on a
journey the amount that appears as the debit on the last barrier is the
total debited for the entire journey since you first touched in. The same
thing happens where you have to touch out twice in order to exit Stratford
from the Jubilee line (you have to pass through two gatelines). It is also
similar to journeys which include an and out-of-station interchange where
it looks like you have been charged separately at the end of each leg, but
you haven't. The debit amount display is cumulative. For future reference
you do not need to touch the platform validator for the journey you
describe.

Old April 16th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

TKD wrote:
[...]

As long as, if challenged on the platform, you can prove that you
weren't about to jump on an NR train ...

Grippers and Oysters Jim Hawkins London Transport 11 April 20th 07 10:17 AM
Fares for 2004 & Oysters simon London Transport 6 December 12th 03 11:53 PM
More on Oysters Mike Bristow London Transport 26 December 7th 03 02:41 PM
More on Oysters Jill London Transport 0 November 25th 03 07:45 PM
Weekly Oysters Mark Etherington London Transport 0 October 12th 03 09:21 AM