Old April 21st 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Inspector Sands diversifies

Was happy shopping in Waterloo M&S this evening at around 1820, when
the PA system went into hyper mode imploring out r old friend Inspector
Sands to attend the South Concourse. At first I thought this a bit
odd - why would M&S take a feed off LUL's PA. But no, this really
was a Network Rail Inspector Sands!

How long has the Major Stations Group had an Inspector Sands as well?

Rgds/Ted

Old April 21st 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Apr 2006 12:47:21 -0700, "TedJrr" wrote:

Was happy shopping in Waterloo M&S this evening at around 1820, when
the PA system went into hyper mode imploring out r old friend Inspector
Sands to attend the South Concourse. At first I thought this a bit
odd - why would M&S take a feed off LUL's PA. But no, this really
was a Network Rail Inspector Sands!

How long has the Major Stations Group had an Inspector Sands as well?

The fire systems are linked at Waterloo given the transfer of
responsibilities for certain parts of the station (long gallery and
connection corridors under the main line concourse) when the W&C came to
LUL and also with the construction of the JLE.

Shops on the main line concourse have to be linked in as well for
obvious reasons.
--
Paul C

Old April 21st 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 21 Apr 2006 12:47:21 -0700, "TedJrr" wrote:

Was happy shopping in Waterloo M&S this evening at around 1820, when
the PA system went into hyper mode imploring out r old friend Inspector
Sands to attend the South Concourse. At first I thought this a bit
odd - why would M&S take a feed off LUL's PA. But no, this really
was a Network Rail Inspector Sands!

How long has the Major Stations Group had an Inspector Sands as well?

The fire systems are linked at Waterloo given the transfer of
responsibilities for certain parts of the station (long gallery and
connection corridors under the main line concourse) when the W&C came to
LUL and also with the construction of the JLE.

Shops on the main line concourse have to be linked in as well for
obvious reasons.

There was one at the main Kings Cross concourse recently. Apparently
it was just testing the system.

Old April 22nd 06, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Apr 2006 12:47:21 -0700, "TedJrr" wrote:
How long has the Major Stations Group had an Inspector Sands as well?

It's not just the Network Rail stations, Ashford International has him
as well...

Richard.
Old April 22nd 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message

And I think Mr (not Inspector) Sands is standard code in theatres and
cinemas for "there's a fire". He gets everywhere!

And in most nightclubs.

Ian

Old April 28th 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message
And I think Mr (not Inspector) Sands is standard code in theatres and
cinemas for "there's a fire". He gets everywhere!

I heard an odd announcement on a GNER train the other day "There's a
chicken tikka ready in the buffet, I repeat There's a chicken tikka
ready in the buffet". What does that mean? I didn't realise GNER sold
chicken tikka's. So it must be code for something!

Old April 30th 06, 12:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris! wrote:
I didn't realise GNER sold
chicken tikka's. So it must be code for something!

They don't normally, so it's obviously worth announcing to the whole
train when they do.