Old May 13th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default PAYG and Ken on news

Tristán White wrote:
"TKD" wrote in
:

My staff pass never works the gates at London Bridge (Southeastern
side) despite being valid on Thameslink / FCC services between there
and West Hampstead. I have to carry the T&Cs document with me to
prove to gateline staff that TfL staff passes are indeed valid there!

These gates should also let PAYG customers through, though they still
have to validate in or out on the validators on platforms 5/6.
However this hasn't worked for a few months.

Thameslink from London Bridge using PAYG is a disaster. The gateline
staff are convinced it isn't valid and the gates don't let you
through. I'm glad to be back on an annual ticket again just to be able
to pass through there without incident.

You mean.... it *is* valid?

Yes... (Kentish Town to London Bridge or Elephant & Castle) but try
arguing it with the gate staff. I made the mistake of going from
Farringdon to London Bridge on PAYG some months ago and regretted it -
by the time I'd managed to get out of the station (after trying to
persuade three different staff that PAYG was valid), I wished I'd taken
the bus instead.

Actually, Thameslink is slow along that route that the bus is sometimes
quicker anyway.

If forced to do it again, I'd take a copy of the TfL fares leaflet as
proof that I wasn't a fare-dodger.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old May 13th 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:49:00 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

[payg on Thameslink]

If forced to do it again, I'd take a copy of the TfL fares leaflet as
proof that I wasn't a fare-dodger.

Or I would simply threaten the staff with a report to Charles Horton,
their new MD, and Keith Ludeman the Go Ahead Board Member for rail. The
only way these nonsenses get sorted is if the person at the top is told
what is not working.
--
Paul C

Old May 15th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:49:00 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

[payg on Thameslink]

If forced to do it again, I'd take a copy of the TfL fares leaflet as
proof that I wasn't a fare-dodger.

Or I would simply threaten the staff with a report to Charles Horton,
their new MD, and Keith Ludeman the Go Ahead Board Member for rail. The
only way these nonsenses get sorted is if the person at the top is told
what is not working.

I'd rather have evidence to prove them wrong quickly, than get into a
confrontation every time I want to use the station.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7