Old May 18th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default A380 and the Da Vinci Train

We all missed the A380 here in Vauxhall but have just seen the Da Vinci
train but there again it is just a train.

Kevin

Old May 18th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:
We all missed the A380 here in Vauxhall but have just seen the Da Vinci
train but there again it is just a train.

Kevin

However I saw the A380 but didn't see the train. :-)

Neill

Old May 18th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Neillw001 wrote:
Kev wrote:
We all missed the A380 here in Vauxhall but have just seen the Da Vinci
train but there again it is just a train.

Kevin

However I saw the A380 but didn't see the train. :-)

Neill

I think that the plane must have been far more interesting.

Kevin

Old May 18th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com, Kev
writes

We all missed the A380 here in Vauxhall

Couldn't miss it here in Richmond - quiet it is NOT, despite the claims.

--
Paul Terry
Old May 18th 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Couldn't miss it here in Richmond - quiet it is NOT, despite the claims.

--
Paul Terry

Stood underneath it as it came in at Heathrow - must have been around 100
people there for it (just where I was)

Old May 18th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 18 May 2006 18:05:24 +0100, purple pete
wrote in :
Couldn't miss it here in Richmond - quiet it is NOT, despite the claims.

Stood underneath it as it came in at Heathrow - must have been around 100
people there for it (just where I was)

It seemed to do quite a bit of rolling and pitching, from the
BBC web-clip. Was it exceptioonally windy?

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old May 18th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" typed

It seemed to do quite a bit of rolling and pitching, from the
BBC web-clip. Was it exceptioonally windy?

Have you been out of doors today?

It is rather gusty. It strikes me you are but 4.5 miles from Heathrow,
so weather conditions can't be too different.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 18th 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:
It seemed to do quite a bit of rolling and pitching, from the
BBC web-clip. Was it exceptioonally windy?

According to BBC News just now, yes, there were rather bad cross-winds.
It's also blowing a gale here... it was rather difficult to keep my
(high-sided) car in a straight line earlier on.

Neil

Old May 19th 06, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:
In message .com,
Kev writes

We all missed the A380 here in Vauxhall

Couldn't miss it here in Richmond - quiet it is NOT, despite the
claims.

Interesting, that's the first adverse comment on its noise that I've
seen. Most people have said how quiet it was, relative to its size I
assume. (Personally, I was too busy taking photos to notice.) How did
it compare with the two British Airways 747s that used the same runway
in the previous 20 minutes?

--
Richard J.