Old July 31st 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tunnel Maps

Steve Moore wrote:
What about the Mid-Levels escalator in Hong Kong which, for additional
I-Spy points, is outdoors

.... and is made up of loads of short individual escalators, rather than one
long one. I remember my tourist guidebook saying something about it being
the longest escalator, but being very unimpressed when I got there.

Old July 31st 03, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Cal Nihoni
writes
is made up of loads of short individual escalators, rather than one
long one.

If you want a very long run of quite long escalators, the Tokyo Bay Fuji
TV building is quite impressive.
--
"It used to be that what a writer did was type a bit and then stare out of the
window a bit, type a bit, stare out of the window a bit. Networked computers
Old July 31st 03, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It was Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:18:45 +0100, and Dave
wrote in uk.transport.london:
| I snipped no word that you authored.
|
| You snipped the context - as you well know.
| There's no need to try and be a clever **** about it.

Sorry, your holiness. I didn't mean to offend your sensitivities.
Take a pill. Take several. It's only usenet. People respond to
clarify your posts. It happens. Get over it or get a life.

JL

Old July 31st 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Justa Lurker writes
It was Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:18:45 +0100, and Dave
wrote in uk.transport.london:
| I snipped no word that you authored.
|
| You snipped the context - as you well know.
| There's no need to try and be a clever **** about it.

Sorry, your holiness. I didn't mean to offend your sensitivities.

Oh don't worry, you didn't.

People respond to clarify your posts.

Oh right. You were just clarifying it were you? Jolly Good. It's such
a good thing that there are people round here to help out.

Have a gold star.

--
Dave
Old August 1st 03, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Meldrew of
Meldreth writes
On the other hand, Angel station is very much further underground. At KX
the Northern Line is down one relatively short escalator, and another
very short one.

The escalators descend a total of 22.86m (17.22m + 5.64m). The top of
the upper escalators are 4 to 5m below ground level while the bottom of
the lower ones are at platform level.

At Angel there is the famous "world's longest escalator"
plus (istr) a second shorter one.

Total is around 35m - the long ones are 27.39m while the shorter ones
are about 8m (I don't have an exact number for them). The escalators
take you from surface to platform.

The OS map isn't totally clear, but there's a climb of about 15m between
the two. This would indicate that the Angel platforms are actually 7m or
so lower than the KXSP ones.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: