Old July 31st 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
NM NM is offline

Default Crapita bailed-out over congestion charging

JohnB wrote:

NM wrote:

JohnB wrote:

NM wrote:

JohnB wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:

PeterE wrote:

And many others who make day-to-day decisions to avoid such places without
it being consciously an issue of principle.

Yep, my attitude has changed immensely since Winchester (LibDem) started
their anti-car campaign.

So stuff 'em I go elsewhere.

Winchester has improved considerably of late.

Glad to see you are contributing to its success.

How is decline an improvment?

What decline?

falling retail sales is
reality in many traditional town centres throughout Britain and at the
same time there are booming sales figures for out of town retail parks.

And in Winchester, which if I might remind you is the town under discussion?

John B

I suppose blinkers are better than rose tinited for some.

Old July 31st 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

NM wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:

Yep, my attitude has changed immensely since Winchester (LibDem) started
their anti-car campaign.

So stuff 'em I go elsewhere.

Winchester has improved considerably of late.

Glad to see you are contributing to its success.

How is decline an improvment?

What decline?

falling retail sales is
reality in many traditional town centres throughout Britain and at the
same time there are booming sales figures for out of town retail parks.

And in Winchester, which if I might remind you is the town under discussion?

I suppose blinkers are better than rose tinited for some.

So you can't back up your allegation.
No change there then.

John B

Old July 31st 03, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

NM wrote:

JohnB wrote:
NM wrote:

How is decline an improvment?

What decline?

falling retail sales is
reality in many traditional town centres throughout Britain and at the
same time there are booming sales figures for out of town retail parks.

And in Winchester, which if I might remind you is the town under discussion?

I suppose blinkers are better than rose tinited for some.

So you can't back up your allegation.
No change there then.

There is no need, it's apparant for those who wish to see, for those
whose minds are closed then.....why waste breath.

So you don't know whether Winchester is in "decline" or not.
Thought not.
Pure empty tosh as expected.

John B

Old July 31st 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
NM NM is offline

JohnB wrote:

NM wrote:

JohnB wrote:

NM wrote:

How is decline an improvment?

What decline?

falling retail sales is
reality in many traditional town centres throughout Britain and at the
same time there are booming sales figures for out of town retail parks.

And in Winchester, which if I might remind you is the town under discussion?

I suppose blinkers are better than rose tinited for some.

So you can't back up your allegation.
No change there then.

There is no need, it's apparant for those who wish to see, for those
whose minds are closed then.....why waste breath.

So you don't know whether Winchester is in "decline" or not.
Thought not.
Pure empty tosh as expected

Then why on earth are you bothering to reply. Winchester is in decline
it must be there is a LIB/DEM council.

Old July 31st 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

NM wrote:

How is decline an improvment?

What decline?

falling retail sales is
reality in many traditional town centres throughout Britain and at the
same time there are booming sales figures for out of town retail parks.

And in Winchester, which if I might remind you is the town under discussion?

I suppose blinkers are better than rose tinited for some.

So you can't back up your allegation.
No change there then.

There is no need, it's apparant for those who wish to see, for those
whose minds are closed then.....why waste breath.

So you don't know whether Winchester is in "decline" or not.
Thought not.
Pure empty tosh as expected

Then why on earth are you bothering to reply. Winchester is in decline
it must be there is a LIB/DEM council.

"It must be"? How illuminating.

So let's hear your analysis of how and why retail sales in Winchester town centre
are in decline.

John B

Old July 31st 03, 06:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi,

NM wrote:

Actually to be fair he does have a point that your not missed. If your
too uptight to visit somewhere which is taking a pro-active approach
to an obvious problem. Then its your loss not that town's.

The loss of every customer is a problem for any business, to pretend it
isn't is stupid and short sighted. I'm with Huge on this one, if they
make it hard for me to go there then I go where I'm welcome.

I wish you could convince a few of the businesses round here! I've been
told a few times that it's not economic to serve all customers!

Luke

Old July 31st 03, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
NM NM is offline

JohnB wrote:

NM wrote:

[...]

No, I can't be bothered to point out the bleeding obvious.

Old July 31st 03, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Huge wrote:

Whilst I see your point, it's not true. I lose nothing. The people
who lose are those operate businesses in those towns.

Oh, I don't know. Pound shops and amusement arcades seem to thrive.

--
http://www.speedlimit.org.uk
"If laws are to be respected, they must be worthy of respect."

Old July 31st 03, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
NM NM is offline

JohnB wrote:

But it is clear you don't know the place and have just made your interjection to be
mischeivous.

You are right to an extent, I used to fly from a small airfield just
north of winchester (Old Sarum) and I was going by what some of the
locals were moaning about, but Hell John, what do they know, they only
live there.