Old December 22nd 03, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Congestion Charging in Kensington

Hi all,

According to http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/mayor...dec17_2003.jsp ,
the public consultation for a westward extension of the Congestion Charging
area is due to start early in 2004.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 22nd 03, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

According to
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/mayor...dec17_2003.jsp
, the public consultation for a westward extension of the
Congestion Charging area is due to start early in 2004.

The sooner it spreads outwards the better!!

(Just to get the discussion underway)

Old December 22nd 03, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Cast_Iron wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

According to
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/mayor...dec17_2003.jsp
, the public consultation for a westward extension of the
Congestion Charging area is due to start early in 2004.

The sooner it spreads outwards the better!!

(Just to get the discussion underway)

I feel a crosspost to uk.transport would get the ball rolling quite
quickly! :-)

Dave (I resisted the temptation though)
Old December 23rd 03, 07:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Cast_Iron wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

According to
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/mayor...dec17_2003.jsp
, the public consultation for a westward extension of the
Congestion Charging area is due to start early in 2004.

The sooner it spreads outwards the better!!

(Just to get the discussion underway)

Or even :-
(Just to get the TROLLING underway)

Happy Wotsit
Paul B.

Old December 23rd 03, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

According to
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/mayor...dec17_2003.jsp
, the public consultation for a westward extension of the
Congestion Charging area is due to start early in 2004.

The sooner it spreads outwards the better!!

(Just to get the discussion underway)

Yep. The sooner it gets out to all those London voters, the sooner Ken will
be out!

Old December 23rd 03, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Sacold wrote:
"Cast_Iron" wrote in message

John Rowland wrote:

Hi all,

According to
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/mayor...dec17_2003.jsp
, the public consultation for a westward extension of the
Congestion Charging area is due to start early in 2004.

The sooner it spreads outwards the better!!

(Just to get the discussion underway)

Yep. The sooner it gets out to all those London voters, the sooner Ken will
be out!

Ken Livingston (for whom I voted at the time) has done a great deal of
damage to London traffic. Thing is, that doesn't mean he made it better
for pedestrians, cyclists, etc. Keeping the traffic flowing makes for a
better environment; more stop-start motoring means higher fuels
consumption and more pollution.

A few years ago *nobody* jumped red lights, save a few crazy youngsters.
Now it is common practice. Ken's traffic management policies have
made London more dangerous.

--
Nick H (UK)

Old December 23rd 03, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick H (UK) wrote:

A few years ago *nobody* jumped red lights, save a few
crazy youngsters. Now it is common practice. Ken's
traffic management policies have
made London more dangerous.

You must be living in a different London from the one I grew up and learned
to drive in. No one stopped when the lights went red, there was always a
couple of chancers and certainly no waited on the line for the light to go
green, Amber was always the signal to go.

Old December 23rd 03, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Cast_Iron wrote:
Nick H (UK) wrote:

A few years ago *nobody* jumped red lights, save a few
crazy youngsters. Now it is common practice. Ken's
traffic management policies have
made London more dangerous.

You must be living in a different London from the one I grew up and learned
to drive in. No one stopped when the lights went red, there was always a
couple of chancers and certainly no waited on the line for the light to go
green, Amber was always the signal to go.

Our Milage Obviously Varies:-)

I do believe that Ken's traffic light timing fiddles have reduced
respect for traffic lights.

--
Nick H (UK)

Old December 24th 03, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Cast_Iron
writes

Nick H (UK) wrote:

A few years ago *nobody* jumped red lights, save a few
crazy youngsters. Now it is common practice. Ken's
traffic management policies have
made London more dangerous.

You must be living in a different London from the one I grew up and learned
to drive in. No one stopped when the lights went red,

No one! Surely you don't mean that?

there was always a couple of chancers and certainly no waited on the
line for the light to go green, Amber was always the signal to go.

Again, I think you exaggerate. I've been driving in London for 46 years
and that has not been my experience. But I'm not convinced that
observance of traffic lights has become significantly worse in the last
few years - there are always a few fools who take a risk, and sometimes
they end up paying for it.

--
Paul Terry
Old December 24th 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Cast_Iron
writes

Nick H (UK) wrote:

A few years ago *nobody* jumped red lights, save a few
crazy youngsters. Now it is common practice. Ken's
traffic management policies have
made London more dangerous.

You must be living in a different London from the one I grew up and

learned
to drive in. No one stopped when the lights went red,

No one! Surely you don't mean that?

there was always a couple of chancers and certainly no waited on the
line for the light to go green, Amber was always the signal to go.

Again, I think you exaggerate.

Only marginally perhaps, but no more so than most people when describing a
particular aspect of human behaviour.

I've been driving in London for 46 years
and that has not been my experience. But I'm not convinced that
observance of traffic lights has become significantly worse in the last
few years - there are always a few fools who take a risk, and sometimes
they end up paying for it.

It was about any recent changes in behaviour that I was referring to rather
than in any absolute terms.