Old July 23rd 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Emergency STW demo in London tomorrow

Isaac Abraham wrote:
www.waspies.net wrote:

The problem is the double standards of Israel, the US and the UK, we
deplore killing such as 9/11 and 7/7 Madrid and quite right too, but
our government does not do the same when Israel kills over 300
Palestinians including many innocent children.

Not wanting to get involved in a political debate, but it's actually 300
Lebanese people that have been killed in the current conflict, not
Palestinians.

Point taken

Old July 23rd 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Boltar wrote:
MIG wrote:
Apparently there's a country in the Middle East with stockpiles of
weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them, is in
violation of sixty or seventy UN resolutions, has a history of
aggression against its neighbours, denies human rights to people in
territories it is illegally occupying and is currently carrying out a
huge collective punishment, outlawed after the second world war (when
similar things were often done on a smaller scale by a party whose name
would result in this message being moderated away).

Whereas all the arab and other middle eastern nations are all models of
justice and human rights. Yeah , right. Where were you tub thumpers
when
the PLO kept bombing isreal and killing innocents? Where were you when
Saddam massacred the kurds? Where were you when Mugabe was killing
white farmers (but thats probably ok in your eyes cos they're decended

from white settlers so that makes it ok) and bringing starvation to the
rest
of the population? In your sad little squats smoking pot and wondering
how
next you could rebel aganst mummy and daddy by protesting against the
west, thats where. The most pathetic thing about you all is that you
really
believe people outside your small blinkered politicised clique actually
take you
seriously. Well, I've got news for you.

You have definitely put me right on one thing. I had been thinking
that there was a sophisticated and well-coordinated pro-Isreali lobby.

Old July 24th 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
ups.com...

MIG wrote:
[...]

B2003

Ah - the voice of reason.

Presumably by some stretch of your cretin imagination you think we are the
slightest
bit interested in your political diatribe on a transport news group.

please take it to an appropriate forum - and that goes for the lefties as
well.

Old July 24th 06, 06:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ps.com...

Boltar wrote:
I see the usual all western governments = Bad , everyone else =
innocent victim , naive student
politics has been wheeled out again. Isn't it amazing how left wing
activists never grow up.

B2003

I agree entirely!

Marc.

well go and do it somewhere else tosspot

this is a transport newsgroup

Old July 24th 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

basho007 wrote:
watch out for the jams....

EMERGENCY DEMONSTRATION

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

End Israel's Barbarism Now

London: Saturday 22 July 12 Noon
Whitehall Place, SW1,

Nearest tube: Embankment.
Route: Whitehall Place, Trafalgar Square, Pall Mall, Piccadilly,
Berkeley Street, Grosvenor Square (by US Embassy), Park Lane, Hyde
Park.

Organised by: Stop the War Coalition, Palestine Solidarity Campaign,
Muslim Association of Britain, British Muslim Initiative, Lebanese
organisations.

Why don't you take your terrorist drivel to a political usenent group.

Old July 24th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Muttley wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

Boltar wrote:
I see the usual all western governments = Bad , everyone else =
innocent victim , naive student
politics has been wheeled out again. Isn't it amazing how left wing
activists never grow up.

B2003

I agree entirely!

Marc.

well go and do it somewhere else tosspot

this is a transport newsgroup

Muttley, if all else fails (such as reasoned debate), why not resort to
personal abuse?

Am I a "tosspot" because I contributed a non-transport comment or
because I dared to express a view with which you disagreed, or both?
Really, I'd love to know, because I so much enjoy the thrill of debate
with those so mentally, socially and psychologically superior to me,
like your good self.

Marc.

Old July 24th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...

Muttley wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

Boltar wrote:
I see the usual all western governments = Bad , everyone else =
innocent victim , naive student
politics has been wheeled out again. Isn't it amazing how left wing
activists never grow up.

B2003

I agree entirely!

Marc.

well go and do it somewhere else tosspot

this is a transport newsgroup

Muttley, if all else fails (such as reasoned debate), why not resort to
personal abuse?

Am I a "tosspot" because I contributed a non-transport comment or
because I dared to express a view with which you disagreed, or both?
Really, I'd love to know, because I so much enjoy the thrill of debate
with those so mentally, socially and psychologically superior to me,
like your good self.

Marc.

As you ask

just because you contributed a non-transport comment - I couldn't give a
tinkers
about your politics or for that matter the other bloke with whom you agreed.

As for the rest - your words not mine. I wouldn't hold any of the above to
be true.

nor personally do I find anything thrilling about this 'debate'.

hope that clarifies matters.

Muttley

Old July 24th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Muttley wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Muttley wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

Boltar wrote:
[...]

Back to the very tenuous link to transport hinted at by the original
poster, does anyone know why the disruption was greatly increased by
the police forcing the rally to take place in the middle of Park Lane
instead of out of the way in Hyde Park as planned?

It certainly did lead to some traffic jams as suggested.

Old July 27th 06, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:

MIG wrote:
Apparently there's a country in the Middle East with stockpiles of
weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them, is in
violation of sixty or seventy UN resolutions, has a history of
aggression against its neighbours, denies human rights to people in
territories it is illegally occupying and is currently carrying out a
huge collective punishment, outlawed after the second world war (when
similar things were often done on a smaller scale by a party whose name
would result in this message being moderated away).

Goodwins

ITYM Godwin's.

I don't know much about their railway system.

Bringing it slightly back on topic, Israel is unusual in that it has no
international rail connections. I'm not sure any other non-island
country has such a situation. There are plans to expand the network,
but not to other countries as I'm aware. Given the siege situation
Israel has been in since it's creation and the resulting invasion of
surrounding countries, it's unsurprising.

IIRC South Korea's also in that situation, for a similar reason.

--
Aidan Stanger
http://www.bettercrossrail.co.uk