Old July 31st 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mornington Crescent Incident

I was at Mornington Crescent on Saturday afternoon, to find that a large
area to the South (around Harrington Square) had been cordoned off.
The policeman "guarding" the barrier said that there had been a
stabbing.

On leaving to take an alternative route, though, I noticed a Citaro
"marooned" inside the area still showing "N29". Had this incident
happened on the bus or was the bus just "caught up in events" as it
were?
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old July 31st 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf typed

I was at Mornington Crescent on Saturday afternoon, to find that a large
area to the South (around Harrington Square) had been cordoned off.
The policeman "guarding" the barrier said that there had been a
stabbing.

On leaving to take an alternative route, though, I noticed a Citaro
"marooned" inside the area still showing "N29". Had this incident
happened on the bus or was the bus just "caught up in events" as it
were?

Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old July 31st 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:21:07 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

I was at Mornington Crescent on Saturday afternoon, to find that a large
area to the South (around Harrington Square) had been cordoned off.
The policeman "guarding" the barrier said that there had been a
stabbing.

On leaving to take an alternative route, though, I noticed a Citaro
"marooned" inside the area still showing "N29". Had this incident
happened on the bus or was the bus just "caught up in events" as it
were?

Me & the Missus noticed that around 7am Saturday en route home apres
clubbing. Presumably it was something serious if it was still cordoned
off in the afternoon.

looks at other posts

So it was.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/
Old July 31st 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for the information, everyone. Hope the person concerned makes
a good recovery.

I'm doing a guided walk around there one evening next week; I won't be
mentioning it but I wonder if I'll be asked?