Old September 19th 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Unresolved Journey as of November 2006

I know this is a well rehearsed topic, but I am wondering how my work
journey home would work with this.

I get on at Ealing Broadway which necessitates a touch in.
Take first mainline train to Paddington.
Arrive at London Paddington - nowhere to touch out.
Get on Bakerloo Line at London Paddington - necessitates a touch in.
Get off at Swiss Cottage - necessitates a touch out.

This appears on my Journey History as two journeys: the first
unresolved, the second just a normal tube journey.

The only way round I can think of is to ask the people at the gate at
Ealing Broadway to let me in without touching in.

Have I got this correct?

Old September 19th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If you have a Travelcard season, unresolved journeys don't matter (as
long as the endpoint is within your zones). And PAYG isn't valid on
National Rail between Ealing Broadway and Paddington.

How would it "know" that the endpoint was in my valid travelcard zones
(1-3 incidentally - I have some PAYG credit as well)?

I could just as easily gone to a tube destination in zone 5 and failed
to touch out; isn't catching that possibility the point of the £4
charge?

Old September 19th 06, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:
If you have a Travelcard season, unresolved journeys don't matter (as
long as the endpoint is within your zones). And PAYG isn't valid on
National Rail between Ealing Broadway and Paddington.

How would it "know" that the endpoint was in my valid travelcard zones
(1-3 incidentally - I have some PAYG credit as well)?

I could just as easily gone to a tube destination in zone 5 and failed
to touch out; isn't catching that possibility the point of the £4
charge?

That would be no different to travelling beyond the validity of a paper
travelcard. If you were caught there, you wouldn't have a valid
ticket.

A travelcard on Oyster just gets you through the gate. There's no
other reason to touch it in or out.