Old September 28th 06, 03:00 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Highgate fixed, Edgware still broken

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...,0.039911&om=1

Not a wrong street name in sight!

But the neighbourhood of "Amazonas" is still marked just off the Old Kent
Road...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&om...21243,0.039911

And "Weston" in Edgware is still there... unless that is a real area name?

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&om...21186,0.039911

Old September 28th 06, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
And "Weston" in Edgware is still there... unless that is a real area name?

Never heard of it called by that name and I used to live in that area.
That's the junction of Green Lane and Fernhurst Gardens.

Old September 28th 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...,0.039911&om=1

Not a wrong street name in sight!

But the neighbourhood of "Amazonas" is still marked just off the Old Kent
Road...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&om...21243,0.039911

And "Weston" in Edgware is still there... unless that is a real area name?

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&om...21186,0.039911

Well the A-Z and the Ordnance Survey both think I live in "Ducks Island"
even though it is not an island, I have never seen a duck there and I have
never heard anyone refer to the area by that name.

Peter

Old September 28th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...,0.039911&om=1

Not a wrong street name in sight!

Sorry Highgate is still not correct. Instead of the mess that was
there before Shepherds Hill (quite a major Road) is shown as Shepherds
Hill Heights. This was a small unadopted Road leading off Shepherds
Hill which is also shown on the above but this has now changed to Hill
Gate Walk N6. I have also spotted a couple of other minor errorss in
the Highgate area, North Hill getsan Ave added to it and the end of
Highgate West Hill becomes Westhill Park.

Howard

Old September 28th 06, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 04:00:35 +0100, John Rowland wrote:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...,0.039911&om=1

Not a wrong street name in sight!

Yes there is. Shepherds Hill is labelled as Shepherds Hill Heights.

David

Old September 28th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...,0.039911&om=1

Not a wrong street name in sight!

Sorry Highgate is still not correct. Instead of the mess that was
there before Shepherds Hill (quite a major Road) is shown as Shepherds
Hill Heights. This was a small unadopted Road leading off Shepherds
Hill which is also shown on the above but this has now changed to Hill
Gate Walk N6. I have also spotted a couple of other minor errorss in
the Highgate area, North Hill getsan Ave added to it and the end of
Highgate West Hill becomes Westhill Park.

plus although not a name, Southwood Lane and Muswell Hill Road are not
the A160, they are a lowly B-road, the B550. Actually Southwood Lane is
such a small road it is lucky to be that. Plus it is in the 5-zone as
it hasn't crossed the A1 yet.

The A160 is actually somewhere around Immingham Dock, wherever that is.

Old September 29th 06, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...,0.039911&om=1

Not a wrong street name in sight!

But the neighbourhood of "Amazonas" is still marked just off the Old Kent
Road...

I live just over the road. It's the name of a complex of South American
shops. How google got that one wrong I don't know, but since the area
is entirely nameless and Amazonas sounds quite interesting I'm happy
for the estate agents to adopt it if they so wish...

Jonn