Old August 3rd 03, 07:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange

On 2 Aug 2003 18:21:50 -0700 Tom Lyall wrote:
} now i may be stupid or confused here... but i was reading up on UTS
} Gate Error Codes and i couldn't understand the discription of an
} "Illogical Interchange", this is what it says at the moment in the FAQ
} - "[1] #33 is when, say you exit through Monument station and re-enter
} at Tower Hill. The interchange is illogical, so won't accept your
} ticket." I could not understand what an illogical interchange is and i
} would be pleased if you could explain it,

Dunno the rules'n'regs but just by looking at the map you can't get any
service from Tower Hill (circle and district) that isn't available at
Monument so quitting Monument for Tower Hill offers no benefit; hence
"illogical".

Looked at from a slightly different angle it does seem daft: after all
if there's no avantage to be had from the interchange what's the point
in disallowing it?

Matthew
--
Il est important d'être un homme ou une femme en colère; le jour où nous
quitte la colère, ou le désir, c'est cuit. - Barbara

http://www.calmeilles.co.uk/

Old August 3rd 03, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:32:19 +0100 John wrote:
} In article , Matthew
} Malthouse writes
}
} Dunno the rules'n'regs but just by looking at the map you can't get any
} service from Tower Hill (circle and district) that isn't available at
} Monument so quitting Monument for Tower Hill offers no benefit; hence
} "illogical".
}
} Looked at from a slightly different angle it does seem daft: after all
} if there's no avantage to be had from the interchange what's the point
} in disallowing it?
}
} Presumably to stop people breaking their journey and only paying one
} fare.

But a single fare ticket would be retained on exit at Monument would it
not - at least I can't recall that there are any out-of-barrier
interchanges there necessitating the retention of a single - so the
circumstance couldn't arise.

Only a multiple journey ticket of some kind would allow exit at Monument
and immediate re-entry at Tower Hill so where is the revenue problem?

Maybe if I have time to waste I'll try it on my monthly.

Matthew

Old August 3rd 03, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Matthew Malthouse" wrote in message
.. .

But a single fare ticket would be retained on exit at Monument would it
not - at least I can't recall that there are any out-of-barrier
interchanges there necessitating the retention of a single - so the
circumstance couldn't arise.

Only a multiple journey ticket of some kind would allow exit at Monument
and immediate re-entry at Tower Hill so where is the revenue problem?

Maybe if I have time to waste I'll try it on my monthly.

Possibly they think that if a ODTC has been used to exit Monument and then
used to enter Tower Hill shortly afterwards it is likely that it has been
transferred to somebody else.

Peter Smyth

Old August 3rd 03, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote the following in:

"Matthew Malthouse" wrote in
message .. .

But a single fare ticket would be retained on exit at Monument
would it not - at least I can't recall that there are any
out-of-barrier interchanges there necessitating the retention of
a single - so the circumstance couldn't arise.

Only a multiple journey ticket of some kind would allow exit at
Monument and immediate re-entry at Tower Hill so where is the
revenue problem?

Maybe if I have time to waste I'll try it on my monthly.

Possibly they think that if a ODTC has been used to exit Monument
and then used to enter Tower Hill shortly afterwards it is likely
that it has been transferred to somebody else.

It still seems a bit harsh. What if you just wanted to get out and walk
along the river (which could seem very appealing with this weather and
crowded trains) or something similar?

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.
Old August 3rd 03, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

Possibly they think that if a ODTC has been used to exit Monument
and then used to enter Tower Hill shortly afterwards it is likely that
it has been transferred to somebody else.

There are no restrictions on interchange with a ODTC (within the correct
zones).

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 5th 03, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:04:19 +0100, "Peter Smyth"
wrote:

Further to this, today I exited Monument and reentered Tower Hill 10 minutes
later with a ODTC and had no problems getting through the gates.

Of course you didn't. What problem did you expect?

UTS Gateline codes Q London Transport 0 November 12th 09 10:10 PM
UTS gate error codes Matthew Dickinson London Transport 0 April 9th 05 10:46 PM
Gate Codes + Oyster simon London Transport 9 January 25th 04 09:25 AM
UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange K London Transport 1 August 14th 03 03:48 PM
UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange Terry Harper London Transport 0 August 3rd 03 06:58 PM