Old October 10th 06, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Unstaffed LU Stations

Are there any LU stations which are completely unstaffed? I know that
there are some with no staffed ticket offices but unsure whether they
retain any other staff?
--
gordon

Old October 11th 06, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

There are often lots of open unstaffed stations. This is because of the
staff cuts under the Shorter Working Week Project. Stations with sets
of points/fire alarm systems/other staff that book on nearby are
attempted to be staffed. This must be by someone Supervisor grade and
above.

Sherrif Ken said after Tom Ap Rhys Price was murdered at Kensal that no
station would go unstaffed......well....

John B wrote:

wrote:
Are there any LU stations which are completely unstaffed? I know that
there are some with no staffed ticket offices but unsure whether they
retain any other staff?

Only the smaller Silverlink-managed stations on the Bakerloo. All
LUL-managed stations are staffed at all times (as will be all London
Overground stations, apparently).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old October 11th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Ken is offline

On 11 Oct 2006 02:00:05 -0700, "chunky munky"
wrote:

There are often lots of open unstaffed stations. This is because of the
staff cuts under the Shorter Working Week Project. Stations with sets
of points/fire alarm systems/other staff that book on nearby are
attempted to be staffed. This must be by someone Supervisor grade and
above.

Sherrif Ken said after Tom Ap Rhys Price was murdered at Kensal that no
station would go unstaffed......well....

But Kensal Green's a Silverlink-managed station, not LU.
Old October 12th 06, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
I didn't know that, but it leaves out other non-LUL stations served by
LU which are sometimes unstaffed, like I'm sure New Cross Gate often
is. What about Gunnersbury etc?

Exactly; what does "unstaffed" actually mean? New Cross ticket office
is shut after 8pm on weeknights (meaning no access to the only free
cashpoint in the area and passengers having to leave the station via a
narrow alleyway), but there are still staff there in the control room,
visible but inaccessible to passengers. Does that count as staffed or
unstaffed? And yes, I know it's not an LUL station.

Patricl

Old October 12th 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

there are still staff there snip
Does that count as staffed or unstaffed?

Errrr....