Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 22nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

I wonder why TravelWatch consider that "complexity is reduced
significantly"? Unless the fares are marketed as zonal, which it
seems they cannot be completely, I'm not sure how the average
passenger will notice a difference.

I'm not sure Travelwatch have understood this correctly. When I heard the
news I thought it sounded like another excuse to raise fares and from the
couple I've calculated it does seem that way.

How the TOC calculate the fare is of little interest to me, just whether I
think it's value to travel. They use a computer to do it and just because I
can sit at home and work it out doesn't help at all.

When this smart ticketing system goes nationwide are they going to zone
everything then?