Old October 28th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Do cabbies own the road?

In message , Zara Henderson
writes

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"Zara Henderson" Zara@Hendersontyped

The correct spelling is "Hippocampus" not hypocampus please do not
patronise
me remember you are a mere cabby a job that is regarded by new
immigrants as
a "first step" occupation an intelligent chimpanzee could do your job.

Stop acting as a troll!

Most cabbies I encounter are intelligent and polite. By and large, their
geograhical knowledge, general demeanour and driving skill are far
better than many of the mini-cab drivers I have had. They also speak
English, which I find to be an advantage.

Some cabbies are graduates...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Some cabbies may well be graduates but most are Sun reading thicko's,but
watch out this guy has applied to TFL for a license to flood London with Tuc
Tucs & if that transpires then you are all up **** creek.
http://www.brightonlife.com/news/index.php?news_id=1488

Here we go again.

Yet again you are showing your ignorance and can only refer to a
newspaper story. Let me explain

I write for one of the taxi trade papers. I did an extensive article on
the Tuc Tuc's including an interview with the owner. They may at first
glance appear to be good idea, but when you look at it in detail you
find that they have not fulfilled all the conditions attached to their
(bus) licence, they break down regularly, they do not use CNP fuel, they
are cold, unstable, plus a few other negatives. There was a recent case
where a TUcTuc was involved in a serious accident and the passenger is
currently in hospital at Haywards Heath (neurological unit).

What do you want, a safe, solid vehicle or one where you are exposed to
danger? The choice is yours.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England

Old October 28th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Earl Purple" typed

The correct spelling is "Hippocampus" not hypocampus please do not
patronise
me remember you are a mere cabby a job that is regarded by new
immigrants as
a "first step" occupation an intelligent chimpanzee could do your job.

hippo refers to the equine species (i.e. horses), not primates (that
chimpanzees and humans are) (and not hippopotamus either).

I think the hippocampus is so called because it resembles a sea-horse
(but CBA to look it up)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old October 28th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Zara Henderson
My "research "into using Black Taxis comes as a fare paying customer,& in my
line of work

OK so what is your 'line of work'

I frequently have to take cabs to the City of London & I do
notice that drivers have to either refer to an AtoZ or use a Sat Nav because
they do not know many of the streets & major business establishments in the
financial sector,as for the Knowledge of London it is now an anachronism &
should be scrapped,most cabbies in London did not enter higher education so
the brain expanding in an area known as the "hippocampus" is probably
brought about because it is first time they have ever had to use their
brains for anything at all.

The correct spelling is "Hippocampus" not hypocampus please do not patronise

Who's doing the patronising. You know nothing about me, just as I know
nothing about you. I cannot jump to a conclusion based upon no evidence.
Please supply your evidence. Let us all share your greater knowledge.

me remember you are a mere cabby a job that is regarded by new immigrants as
a "first step" occupation an intelligent chimpanzee could do your job.

In some cities in the world that may be true, but in London the licensed
'*taxi* service is seen as a profession. There are people from all walks
of (previous) life. The sheer freedom of being able to do what you want
without having to answer to someone else, or (as I've done) having to
work very hard to keep others in a job. I start work when I feel like
it, finish work when I feel like it. The freedom is something that
anyone working 'in the city' (which if you want to make it up the
corporate ladder involves working very long hours - I've taken them home
at 4 and 5 in the morning!) just doesn't have.

Now tell me just *what * you do. From my experience it is often the
'junior' people, or those who have reached the maximum level of their
(in)competence, that try to make themselves look big by making others
look small. I've have deep meaning conversations with people at the
*very* top of multinational corporations, all of whom treated me as an
intellectual equal. You *may* - just may be an exception to the rule.

Do tell all so that everyone can share the depth of your wisdom and
knowledge.

Old October 28th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Zara Henderson
writes

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" I write for one of the taxi trade papers"

Watch out all the major broadsheets Mike Hughes writes for a taxi trade
paper,that would be for the cabbies who can read presumably? I bet the
cabbies gazette or whatever you call it is really influential What's your
readership about 1300 other bigots ? you really are a deluded self
important little ****.Late at night when people have had a skinfull & they
are tired & they just want to get home,they would sit in a wheelbarrow
provided it was "cheap" my guess is that if Tuc Tucs are licensed in London
then within one year black cabs will be reduced by half.

Old October 28th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Zara Henderson wrote:

Watch out all the major broadsheets Mike Hughes writes for a taxi trade
paper,that would be for the cabbies who can read presumably? I bet the
cabbies gazette or whatever you call it is really influential What's your
readership about 1300 other bigots ? you really are a deluded self
important little ****.Late at night when people have had a skinfull & they
are tired & they just want to get home,they would sit in a wheelbarrow
provided it was "cheap" my guess is that if Tuc Tucs are licensed in London
then within one year black cabs will be reduced by half.

For someone who claims to be a highly intellectual professional woman
who works
in the City, your posts do not come across as particularly articulate.

And Zara, a while back you replied to one of my posts saying you didn't
want to share
a cab, but now you want to share a Tuc Tuc and say you are prepared to
travel home
in anything.

Old October 28th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Earl Purple" wrote in message
oups.com...

Zara Henderson wrote:

[...]

I'm not speaking in the first person,I will still use taxis/minicabs to get
home ,I am referring to the thousands of young revellers who wander about
this city late at night looking for transport home Tuc Tucs would be the
ideal solution.

Old October 28th 06, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Zara Henderson wrote:
I'm not speaking in the first person,I will still use taxis/minicabs to get
home ,I am referring to the thousands of young revellers who wander about
this city late at night looking for transport home Tuc Tucs would be the
ideal solution.

but wouldn't these be the sort that currently use night buses? I think
most of those who use cabs now will continue to use them

Old October 29th 06, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Zara Henderson
writes

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Zara Henderson
writes

. ..

---------------
" I write for one of the taxi trade papers"

Watch out all the major broadsheets Mike Hughes writes for a taxi trade
paper,that would be for the cabbies who can read presumably? I bet the
cabbies gazette or whatever you call it is really influential What's your
readership about 1300 other bigots ?

27,000 on a national basis actually

you really are a deluded self
important little ****.Late at night when people have had a skinfull & they
are tired & they just want to get home,they would sit in a wheelbarrow
provided it was "cheap" my guess is that if Tuc Tucs are licensed in London
then within one year black cabs will be reduced by half.

Your 'guess'. Do you have any scientific basis for this. Have you seen
or ridden in one of these?

Still you could be a candidate for a Darwin Award.

Old October 29th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

Old October 29th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:05:37 -0000, "Zara Henderson" Zara@Henderson
wrote:

You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

When using a signature, you're supposed to seperate it from the body
of your post by placing it in a paragraph of its own at the end of
your post.