Old October 30th 06, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Do cabbies own the road?

James Farrar wrote:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:05:37 -0000, "Zara Henderson" Zara@Henderson
wrote:

You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

When using a signature, you're supposed to seperate it from the body
of your post by placing it in a paragraph of its own at the end of
your post.

LOL.

I knew this would happen if the aristocracy stopped sending their daughters
to finishing school.

Old October 30th 06, 05:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Zara Henderson
writes
Your 'guess'. Do you have any scientific basis for this. Have you seen or
ridden in one of these?

Still you could be a candidate for a Darwin Award.

You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!!

How did you know that I was almost crippled until I had knee replacement
surgery last year?

****.

Does that really shows intelligent, reasoned argument. If you want to
debate the issue then do so. If you don't then it may just be that you
are unable to do so. Try to be a little more adult and then everyone can
see just how intelligent and important you really are.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England
Old October 30th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Zara Henderson wrote:
You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

Enough is enough. I hope for your sake that your name is not really
Zara Henderson and that name is just an alias. You do know that
everything you enter on usenet is visible all around the world, and
there are probably not that many people called Zara Henderson around,
particularly who work in the City of London. What would your workmates
think if they came across these posts?

Old October 30th 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Probably "I always knew she was a ****".
Old October 30th 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Zara Henderson wrote:
You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

Enough is enough. I hope for your sake that your name is not really
Zara Henderson and that name is just an alias. You do know that
everything you enter on usenet is visible all around the world, and
there are probably not that many people called Zara Henderson around,
particularly who work in the City of London. What would your workmates
think if they came across these posts?

Probably "I always knew she was a ****".

I don't really like that word. I think "snob" is a better description
but certainly a very stereotyped view of people. Sounds like she
probably works in Human Resources.

Old October 30th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Sun, 29 Oct
2006 18:43:12, James Farrar writes
wrote:

You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

When using a signature, you're supposed to seperate it from the body
of your post by placing it in a paragraph of its own at the end of
your post.

Actually, you are supposed to separate it with a line containing only
"minus minus space" - see via sig below : line 2, I expect, or even 3.

Z's system, as delivered, may not be able to give the trailing space; if
so, it may be well to use a similar-but-looks-different separator, such
as a line containing one "=".

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. REPLYyyww merlyn demon co uk Turnpike 6.05.
Web URL:http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html - Timo Salmi: Usenet Q&A.
Old October 30th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

When using a signature, you're supposed to seperate it from the body
of your post by placing it in a paragraph of its own at the end of
your post.

I don't care about such pedantics and at least she hasn't top-posted.
It was the content of her posts turning into insults and stereotypes
that I objected to.

Now I am happy for Zara to contribute to the discussion as long as it
doesn't start getting into a personal flame war.

Old October 31st 06, 01:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

You could qualify for a cripple of the year award!! ****.

When using a signature, you're supposed to seperate it from the body
of your post by placing it in a paragraph of its own at the end of
your post.

Actually, you are supposed to separate it with a line containing only
"minus minus space" - see via sig below : line 2, I expect, or even 3.

Well, yes, but I was attempting to make a funny quip, not a
technically-exact correction.
Old October 31st 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Tue, 31 Oct
2006 02:02:59, James Farrar writes
wrote:

In message , Sun, 29 Oct
2006 18:43:12, James Farrar writes

When using a signature, you're supposed to seperate it from the body
of your post by placing it in a paragraph of its own at the end of
your post.

Actually, you are supposed to separate it with a line containing only
"minus minus space" - see via sig below : line 2, I expect, or even 3.

Well, yes, but I was attempting to make a funny quip, not a
technically-exact correction.

The problem with that approach is that others might actually believe
what you write.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Delphi 3? Turnpike 6.05
URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ TP/BP/Delphi/&c., FAQqy topics & links;
Old November 1st 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Or are
they (as I suspect) just a bunch of arrogant b*stards who don't give a
damn about anyone or anything else on the road?

My experience (when driving a car) is that taxi drivers with the hire light
on are by far the most considerate group of road users. Whenever I'm trying
to get my car out onto a busy road, and I see a taxi with the hire light on
in the distance, I know that he will be the one who lets me pull out.

Taxis with passengers on board, however, are not at all considerate of other
drivers IME, but I suppose this is because they *are* being considerate to
their passengers, who end up with a slower, and dearer, journey for every
act of consideration that the driver shows to other road users.