Old November 22nd 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Premature T5 diagram at Ealing Common

John Rowland wrote:
It probably was blanked, and removed by photters.

Or maybe an error on the part of some daft blanker?

--
gordon

Old November 23rd 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

Oh well that's a bit of work to get sorted out tomorrow! While I admire
the forward planning you might imagine someone would think to blank it
over until the place actually opens.

This would be the same line where you can still spot 'Aldwych' on some
of the wall maps, yeah?

--
Abi

Old November 23rd 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"gw2486" wrote
Think I saw one in Ruislip a while back - or somewhere near there -
can't give any better information than that since it's not exactly my
part of town..

Ruislip Manor, half way up the stairs to the eastbound platform.

Old November 24th 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Paul Corfield wrote:

Oh well that's a bit of work to get sorted out tomorrow! While I admire
the forward planning you might imagine someone would think to blank it
over until the place actually opens.

This would be the same line where you can still spot 'Aldwych' on some
of the wall maps, yeah?

I've heard of that quite often, but I've yet to see one - where are they?

--
Abi

Old November 24th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:11:57 GMT, d wrote:

Oh well that's a bit of work to get sorted out tomorrow! While I admire
the forward planning you might imagine someone would think to blank it
over until the place actually opens.

This would be the same line where you can still spot 'Aldwych' on some
of the wall maps, yeah?

I've heard of that quite often, but I've yet to see one - where are they?

Many of the line diagrams at stations are pre-1994 and still feature
the Aldwych branch, blanked out with a large white sticker.
Occasionally these manage to become un-blanked for a while, until
someone notices and gets round to covering it up again. I sometimes
wonder whether it's vandals or enthusiasts who remove the stickers.
;-)

As for specific locations, the one at Oakwood (I think) was proudly
showing Aldwych the other day.

Old November 24th 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

d wrote:
I've heard of that quite often, but I've yet to see one - where are they?

I distinctly remember one at Holloway Road.

--
Abi

Old November 24th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

There was a diagram at Liverpool Street, at the top of the west escalator to
the Central Line, which only a couple of years ago showed the Epping-Ongar
branch. Since then they covered the section showing the closed branch with a
metal plate.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old November 25th 06, 01:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 wrote:

d wrote:

I've heard of that quite often, but I've yet to see one - where are they?

I distinctly remember one at Holloway Road.

You remember right:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/138637257/

tom

--
Dude, read Aquinas if you want intelligent. This is the internet.
Old November 27th 06, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:29:37 +0000, asdf
wrote:

Many of the line diagrams at stations are pre-1994 and still feature
the Aldwych branch, blanked out with a large white sticker.
Occasionally these manage to become un-blanked for a while, until
someone notices and gets round to covering it up again. I sometimes
wonder whether it's vandals or enthusiasts who remove the stickers.
;-)

As for specific locations, the one at Oakwood (I think) was proudly
showing Aldwych the other day.

In a similar vein, the diagrams on the platform at Royal Oak show the
double-arrow symbol by Westbourne Park.
--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.
Old December 1st 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Many of the line diagrams at stations are pre-1994 and still feature
the Aldwych branch, blanked out with a large white sticker.
Occasionally these manage to become un-blanked for a while, until
someone notices and gets round to covering it up again. I sometimes
wonder whether it's vandals or enthusiasts who remove the stickers.
;-)

As for specific locations, the one at Oakwood (I think) was proudly
showing Aldwych the other day.

In a similar vein, the diagrams on the platform at Royal Oak show the
double-arrow symbol by Westbourne Park.

At least one Central line station (Bond Street, I think) shows a double
arrow and interchange symbol for Shepherd's Bush (somewhat prematurely).
At least two others (Marble Arch and Chancery Lane) show "Shepherd's
Bush Green".

--
Dave Arquati