Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 14th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Disused stations and tunnels on the Tube

In message .com,
Mizter T writes
OK - it's the last sentence I'm interested in - the Aldwych to Temple
passageway you talk of.

I ask as your post was the first I'd ever heard of it.

I'd not heard of it either. I managed to get on a tour of Aldwych a
couple of years ago where we got to see both of the platforms, the one
used for filming and the other one which looks untouched for decades.
They also allowed us to walk some way along one of the rail tunnels
towards Holborn - we gave up when we got bored by the lack of scenery I
think. And while we saw a lot of the deep tunnels - almost all I'd have
said - and discussed the reasons why it was impractical to continue the
running tunnels any further towards the Thames, there was no mention of
any connection to Temple.

--
Clive Page