Old December 26th 06, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Jubilee Line lift at Stratford

.... out of order again.... seems to happen a lot. I don't know a lot about
lifts, but they don't seem like rocket science to me, and they are a mature
technology, so I can't see the reason for the problem. I hope LUL sued the
people who made it.

For such a short distance, would a lift which can either be powered or
hand-wound be out of the question?

Old December 26th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:02:01 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

... out of order again.... seems to happen a lot. I don't know a lot about
lifts, but they don't seem like rocket science to me, and they are a mature
technology, so I can't see the reason for the problem. I hope LUL sued the
people who made it.

For such a short distance, would a lift which can either be powered or
hand-wound be out of the question?

Yes, seems to work for a couple of months and then break for a couple
of months. Do LUL produce any figures for availability of lifts etc?

Old December 26th 06, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chunky munky wrote:
Yes it is part of the Station Scorecard. This (I think) is available on
the TfL Tube website or you could make a request to LU Customer
Services or via FoI

The lift and escalator statistics on the TfL site [1] are only broken
down by line, not to individual station level. Latest figures are for
the period from the 17th of September to the 14th of October, and are
for the total hours they were working as a percentage of the total
scheduled service hours.

Lifts:
-=-=-=

Bakerloo: 71.8% (80.8% previous period, 98.5% same period last year)
Central: 79.9% (80.0%, 82.3%)
District: 99.4% (96.6%, 99.2%)
East London: 90.4% (74.9%, 98.3%)
Jubilee: 99.3% (99.1%, 99.1%)
Metropolitan: 100% (100%, 100%)
Circle & Hammersmith: 97.7% (98.1%, 100%)
Northern: 98.0% (94.3%, 93.0%)
Piccadilly: 97.1% (98.1%, 99.2%)
Victoria: 98.5% (99.6%, 100%)
Network: 94.1% (93.7%, 96.1%)

Escalators:
-=-=-=-=-=-

Bakerloo: 99.4% (99.9% previous period, 96.8% same period last year)
Central: 99.0% (96.2%, 93.9%)
District: 96.1% (100%, 100%)
East London: 99.8% (100%, 100%)
Jubilee: 94.4% (96.4%, 96.7%)
Metropolitan: 99.7% (99.9%, 99.8%)
Circle & Hammersmith: 96.6% (96.8%, 96.3%)
Northern: 98.1% (95.8%, 90.5%)
Piccadilly: 96.2% (96.5%, 96.6%)
Victoria: 99.5% (99.6%, 93.5%)
Network: 96.9% (97.1%, 95.3%)

Cheers,

Barry

[1] http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/company/performance-update/default.asp
Old December 27th 06, 01:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote:

Lifts:
-=-=-=

Network: 94.1% (93.7%, 96.1%)

Thanks. Since LUL don't tell us which of the 5.9% non-functioning lifts were
alongside functioning ones and which are stand-alone, and which are for
general use in stations like Covent Garden and which are for disabled use in
stations like Stratford, we have no way of knowing the extent to which they
are actually letting the public down.