Old January 13th 07, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

Two young boys have been hit and killed by a London Underground (LU)
train in Barking in east London.

British Transport Police (BTP) said they were part of a group of four
boys who had been writing graffiti in a depot late on Friday night.

Old January 13th 07, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Two young boys have been hit and killed by a London Underground (LU)
train in Barking in east London.

Good. They weren't young boys , they were in their twenties and were
vandalising a train. I'd call that a result.

B2003

Old January 13th 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

Two young boys have been hit and killed by a London Underground (LU)
train in Barking in east London.

Good. They weren't young boys , they were in their twenties and were
vandalising a train. I'd call that a result.

B2003

Two more scumbags dead. Glad to hear it.

Old January 13th 07, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Good. They weren't young boys , they were in their twenties and were
vandalising a train. I'd call that a result.

You know you're going to get the do-gooders coming on saying "But these
poor kids have a family.. they didn't deserve to die.. would you
suggest killing someone for stealing a chocolate bar in a corner shop"
etc, don't you?

It's clear that these people knew what they were doing. I was in
America last week and there was an accident where two 17 year olds were
killed on motorcycles, having been drinking and street racing. I was
quite surprised to see that the media and even friends blamed them for
their stupidity. Rather than saying 'Poor lads' or 'it was a tragic
accident' or blamed someone else (the bike manufacturers or something),
they were quite clear - a stupid 'accident' that wouldn't have happened
if they hadn't been idiots.

Perhaps it's time we started to think the same way about these things
(it doesn't mean you don't have sympathy for the family, especially if
they didn't know what their kids were doing). You just know that over
here, there will be an inquiry and a family will possibly end up suing,
and winning, compensation from LUL, the driver or maybe the security
guard/s for scaring them and making them panic...

All in all, it seems like rather effective crime prevention. Two people
who won't be out tonight damaging property.

Jonathan

Old January 13th 07, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonathan Morris wrote:
All in all, it seems like rather effective crime prevention. Two people
who won't be out tonight damaging property.

I am going to add that I feel for the driver, and possibly the security
staff if they witnessed the collision. These are the people we SHOULD
be feeling sympathy for.

Jonathan

Old January 13th 07, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonathan Morris wrote:
Perhaps it's time we started to think the same way about these things
(it doesn't mean you don't have sympathy for the family, especially if
they didn't know what their kids were doing). You just know that over
here, there will be an inquiry and a family will possibly end up suing,
and winning, compensation from LUL, the driver or maybe the security
guard/s for scaring them and making them panic...

You think that the UK is *more* nannyish and litigious than the US?
That's an impressive disconnect from reality.

In real life, there will not be an enquiry, nobody will sue anyone and
no compensation will be awarded - I'd happily bet £500 on that, if
anyone's up for it.

Despite occasional Political Correctness Gone Mad rants in the Daily
Wail, it is simply not the case in the UK that criminals are awarded
compensation for the injuries they acquire during their crimes.

The only exception is if they are injured by a criminal or criminally
negligent act committed by someone else - and, because you're always
allowed to use reasonable force to stop people from committing crimes,
this rarely happens. You'd need to (e.g., props to Mr Martin, etc.)
shoot a fleeing child in the back for it to be treated as anything
other than reasonable self defence.

Sorry for the rant - it just bothers me that so many people have such a
factually incorrect view of the way in which our legal system
operates...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old January 13th 07, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonathan Morris wrote:

It's clear that these people knew what they were doing. I was in
America last week and there was an accident where two 17 year olds
were killed on motorcycles, having been drinking and street racing. I
was quite surprised to see that the media and even friends blamed
them for their stupidity. Rather than saying 'Poor lads' or 'it was a
tragic accident' or blamed someone else (the bike manufacturers or
something), they were quite clear - a stupid 'accident' that wouldn't
have happened if they hadn't been idiots.

That is quite different: by drinking and street racing, they were risking
others, whereas the graffiti artists weren't endangering anyone's life.

Perhaps it's time we started to think the same way about these things
(it doesn't mean you don't have sympathy for the family, especially if
they didn't know what their kids were doing). You just know that over
here, there will be an inquiry and a family will possibly end up
suing, and winning, compensation from LUL, the driver or maybe the
security guard/s for scaring them and making them panic...

I suspect that drivers who hit graffitijits feels fine, unlike drivers who
hit suicides or fallers.

Old January 13th 07, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John B" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jonathan Morris wrote:
[...]

What child ?
Tony Martin is a hero who killed a pikey scumbag in the dark and who
shouldn't have been on his property.
These two also got exactly what they deserved. Good riddance to them I hope
some more of these vandals get chopped up by trains.

Old January 13th 07, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

I suspect that drivers who hit graffitijits feels fine, unlike drivers who
hit suicides or fallers.

Don't talk like a c**t. I wouldn't "feel fine" if I saw somebody's
brains all over the coupler, half of them in the four foot and half in
the cess, their lungs and guts draped over the shoe beam, still less if
i had to bag said items up.

Having said that, it was their own fault. Trespassing on LUL has to be
a fairly good way of getting a Darwin award - twice as many juice rails
as the Southern, where I grew up.

Old January 13th 07, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
Two young boys have been hit and killed by a London Underground (LU)
train in Barking in east London.

British Transport Police (BTP) said they were part of a group of four
boys who had been writing graffiti in a depot late on Friday night.

What kind of people, in their early twenties, spend a Friday night spraying
paint on Underground trains in sidings and whilst services are still
running? If it were teenagers you could put it down to youthful
recklessness, but people aged 21 and 23? They can vote, work and pay taxes
and (theoretically) have completed a university education. It is sad that
there are people like these that have clearly been left behind by society.