Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 07, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

Hi Folks - hopefully someone can help me. I'm travelling to Gatwick
Airport on Thursday morning. My flight leaves at 12.30 and am supposed
to be there about 2.5 hours before departure. So I need to be walking
into the terminal at about 10am.

I don't really fancy taking the Gatwick Express and would prefer to
drive, likely to have lots of bags on the return is the primary
reason. I suppose I should leave 30 minutes to park, and get form the
long-stay car park to the terminal - so arriving at the car park for
9.30.

I live in Islington, and although all the journey planners seem to
think the best journey is an hour and a quarter through the City,
Brixton, Purley etc. From experience, this is gernerally a bad idea -
especially at the time I am travelling - so I thought the A13 out to
the M25, round a bit then on to the M23 would be much faster.

BUT - since I never drive to work, and don't know those roads very
well I've no idea how long this journey could take. Would I need to
leave at 7am? Earlier?

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
David.