Old August 6th 03, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Compensation For Delays

Is it possible to argue that the current delays through speed
restrictions following fear of rails buckling in the heat is because of
London Underground not having train rails built withstand this amount
of heat? And thus London Underground are to blame?
Just remember. Where there is blame there is a claim!
And you don't even want to hear my horror story for travelling today.
Mis-infomaton. No information. Finally giving up even listening to the
announcements and taking an every man for himself approach and that's
when I finally reached the general area of my destination.
--
CJG

Old August 6th 03, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote:

And you don't even want to hear my horror story for travelling today.

no, we don't. Quit whinging and enjoy the nice weather.

Old August 7th 03, 06:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

No I think this is a valid point.
If people can sue a council because they trespassed on council land
jumped in a pond surrounded by "DANGER. DO NOT SWIM" notices and claim
the council should have made it harder from them to break into the land
the pond was on.
I think commuters who suffer daily stress, distress have a good case.
--
CJG
Old August 7th 03, 08:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
No I think this is a valid point.
If people can sue a council because they trespassed on council land
jumped in a pond surrounded by "DANGER. DO NOT SWIM" notices and claim
the council should have made it harder from them to break into the land
the pond was on.
I think commuters who suffer daily stress, distress have a good case.

The only people who suffer are those who are so inward looking that they
don't have any understanding of the how this world works and try to work
against it all the time.

Old August 7th 03, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"James Farrar" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
CJG writes

Where there is blame there is a claim!

Your posts seem to scoring more '****wit points' every day.

And, in this case, points for utter incomprehensibility.

May I ask why some people on this group are so rude to others ?

I'm quite new to this newsgroup, and am very interested in London's
transport, but I am scared to raise any points as I may get a barrel of
abuse.

Old August 7th 03, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Stewart" wrote in message

May I ask why some people on this group are so rude to others ?

I'm quite new to this newsgroup, and am very interested in London's
transport, but I am scared to raise any points as I may get a barrel of
abuse.

There are some individuals on this NG (and others) who delight in slagging
off anyone and everyone. Don't take it personally.

Old August 7th 03, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Stewart writes
May I ask why some people on this group are so rude to others ?

Only to fools.

I'm quite new to this newsgroup, and am very interested in London's
transport, but I am scared to raise any points as I may get a barrel of
abuse.

If you ask a 'sensible' question (e.g. one that hasn't already been
asked in the past few days) or make a 'sensible' point (e.g. not trying
to blame LU management for the hot weather), then you'll be fine.

If you make sweeping claims without any substantiation (e.g. claim that
public transport outside Britain never suffers from any weather-related
problems); or should anyone disagrees with you, you then erroneously
claim they are posting from an LU e-mail address - then you can expect
to receive 'a barrel of abuse'.

--
Dave
Old August 7th 03, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG writes
No I think this is a valid point.

What is?

--
Dave
Old August 7th 03, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
There are some individuals on this NG (and others) who delight in
slagging off anyone and everyone. Don't take it personally.

I don't usual respond to personal insults.
But it seems to be that its near impossible to have a debate or bring up
subjects or views that people don't agree with else you just get
insulted.
I may have criticised London Underground once or twice but I have never
made a personal attack anyone. Although been the victim once or twice.
Personally if you want to make a point to the newsgroup. Then I wouldn't
worry about being criticised. To quote one of L.U's campaigns
"It takes courage to stand out from the crowd".
******** I know for a newsgroup. But you get the drift.
--
CJG
Old August 7th 03, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote:
In message ,
Cast_Iron writes
There are some individuals on this NG (and others) who
delight in slagging off anyone and everyone. Don't take it
personally.

I don't usual respond to personal insults.
But it seems to be that its near impossible to have a
debate or bring up subjects or views that people don't
agree with else you just get insulted.
I may have criticised London Underground once or twice but
I have never made a personal attack anyone. Although been
the victim once or twice. Personally if you want to make a
point to the newsgroup. Then I wouldn't worry about being
criticised. To quote one of L.U's campaigns "It takes
courage to stand out from the crowd".
******** I know for a newsgroup. But you get the drift.

Here's someone who takes things personally even when the comment isn't
directed at him. Symptomatic of a guilty conscience perhaps?