Old February 10th 07, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another variant on Beck's Original

On Feb 10, 5:02?pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Peter Smyth wrote:
"Ken Wheatley" wrote in message
.. .
On 9 Feb 2007 23:29:19 -0800, "Bob"
wrote:

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/londonchallen...ngeTubemap.pdf

A DFES boost for London Schools

I don't know how they chose which schools to match with stations, but
the schools that I know of (listed on the northern part of the
Piccadilly) are often a very long way from the stations concerned,
and in some cases are not assigned to the nearset station.

Anyone know the significance of the various random celebrities dotted
around the map?

And the omission of Gillian Taylforth?- Hide quoted text -

Quite incredible, Lady Margaret, a stone's thrown from Parson's Green
is marked down for Latimer Road, and Westminster City School near
Victoria is put down at Sloane Square! Hopefully, no pupils or
parents will actually be using this nonsensical piece of
misinformation!

Marc.

Old February 13th 07, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well Beal High School in Ilford (nearest tube Gants Hill) is at Marble
Arch which I wouldn't say was even in the right quadrant! At least
it's on the Central Line I suppose....

Not the first time this sort of thing has been done but it's always
fun to see. You can't help see who, where or what's been assigned to
your favourite stations!

Old February 17th 07, 01:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/londonchallen...ngeTubemap.pdf

A DFES boost for London Schools

I don't know how they chose which schools to match with stations, but
the schools that I know of (listed on the northern part of the
Piccadilly) are often a very long way from the stations concerned, and
in some cases are not assigned to the nearset station.

Anyone know the significance of the various random celebrities dotted
around the map?

Peter Smyth

David Beckham was born in Leytonstone. Other than that it all seems a bit
warped.

Old February 18th 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:38:41 +0000, Marc Brett
wrote:

On 9 Feb 2007 23:29:19 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

OT, but here's a map of the US Interstate highway system laid out as a subway
map. Which city's it emulates, I have no idea.

http://www.chrisyates.net/reprograph...x.php?page=424

It's not a subway map at all, it's just a simplified map using the
principle that routes ending with a 5 are supposedly North-South and
those ending with a 0 are supposedly West-East, and drawing them all
on a grid.

Charlie
--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs