Old March 24th 07, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "The Bill" on the tube

"MIG" wrote in message
ps.com...

I seem to remember some station entrance scenes as well, which may
have been somewhere like Westferry or Limehouse, but my memory of the
episode is very hazy.

It's extremely rare for The Bill to move too far away from their base in
Merton, due to cost. The furthest I've known them go (until I read your
post) was Croydon!

Ian

Old March 24th 07, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message om, MIG
writes

This reminds me of quite a few years back when I saw several DLR
trains parked at All Saints with the destination "Brunswick", which
got me wondering

Brunswick (after the nearby dock) was the name originally intended for
what became East India station when the DLR opened. Since "Brunswick"
had been coded into the destination displays, it is now used to indicate
that a train awaiting service has been cleaned.

until a few weeks later the DLR appeared on the Bill (mainly at what
appeared to be Bank for the platform scenes) with this as the
destination on all the trains they used.

True. I guess they used clean trains that didn't yet have any filth in
them ...
--
Paul Terry
Old March 24th 07, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Mar 24, 11:44 am, "Ian F." wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

ps.com...

I seem to remember some station entrance scenes as well, which may
have been somewhere like Westferry or Limehouse, but my memory of the
episode is very hazy.

It's extremely rare for The Bill to move too far away from their base in
Merton, due to cost. The furthest I've known them go (until I read your
post) was Croydon!

Ian

They often do their car chases around the railway viaduct into London
Bridge, sort of Bermondsey area.

A few weeks ago, there was an episode about a body by a railway track
which I assume was around Willesden somewhere, given the Pendolino
going past.

When they use maps nowadays, it's nearly always Tower Hamlets,
including Isle of Dogs, but I remember an larger scale map being used
a few years ago which, from the arrangement of the railway lines, had
to be Wimbledon.

Further north non-railway locations I remember recognising include the
City of London and the alms houses in Greenwich. However, I normally
suspend my disbelief and believe in the fictional locations until I
see a train go past ...

TfL bill John Rowland London Transport 2 October 26th 05 03:19 PM
Crossrail Bill and Documents Published Michael Parry London Transport 22 February 26th 05 12:31 PM
Preserved LU loco on "The Tube" [email protected] London Transport 18 October 1st 04 02:40 PM
HSE - "grossly inefficient" and "dysfunctional" John Rowland London Transport 0 November 28th 03 07:57 AM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of uk.local.birmingham? Twinkles London Transport 0 October 26th 03 04:46 PM