Old April 28th 07, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Connection Watford Triangle - Metropolitan Line

wrote on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 -
On Apr 26, 10:50 am, TheOneKEA wrote:

Also the first site to be moved out of the Signal Cabins is Watford,
controlled by Rickmansworth Signal Cabin is May 2009 and Amersham to
close completely later in 2009.

Where will the signalling centre be for the area / line? Are the cabins
to complete close meaning all the sidings and stabling points will be
controlled from a long distance away?
--
Matthew P Jones
www.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk

Old April 28th 07, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 28, 12:00 pm, Matthew P Jones wrote:
wrote on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 -

On Apr 26, 10:50 am, TheOneKEA wrote:

Also the first site to be moved out of the Signal Cabins is Watford,
controlled by Rickmansworth Signal Cabin is May 2009 and Amersham to
close completely later in 2009.

Where will the signalling centre be for the area / line? Are the cabins
to complete close meaning all the sidings and stabling points will be
controlled from a long distance away?
--
Matthew P Joneswww.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk
Don't reply directly it will not be read. You can reply to knap AT Nildram then dot co then dot uk

There will be an "interim" signalling centre/portakabins to replace
the Met Main Cabins (and possibly Hammersmith, even Edgware Road).
This is now expected to be at Neasden, but was going to be in a
central London TfL Office.

When the new SSR Service Control Centre is ready, everything will be
migrated accross. LU want to SSR Control Centre to be built in
Hammersmith (near the H&C station) but apparently the planning
application was turned down.

Old April 28th 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"www.waspies.net" wrote in message

I know a little about this project a few dates for anyone intrested

7 July - Finish south junction track work - The Kirow crane will return
to lift the main pannels currently sitting aroung Croxley Tip and the
triangle
10 August - Renew Watford North Junction (closest to Ricky) (it is
currently sitting next to it)
17 August - Renew Watford East Junction (Croxley side)
24 August (Bank Holiday) - South Junction Prep works mainly point machine
fitting
31 August - Signalling commisioning
7 Sept + most Sept weekends track rewal on the curve between Croxley moor
park and removal exixitng junction.

Anyone wanting more details I could go on for pages
Andrew

Thanks for the Info Andy, can you comment on the rumor that only 40% of
the scheduled work was completed during the massive easter shutdown?

About 75% of the work was complete. From what I understand LUL were overly
worried about an overun especially with the RMT about to dig there heels in
so the job was descoped. The new south to south was complted and the start
of the north to north and most the related plain line. The July 7th was pre
booked for plain line renewal so both jobs will happen that weekend.
Andy

Old April 28th 07, 02:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"burkey" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 28, 12:26?am, "Andy" wrote:
"chunky munky" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Apr 26, 10:50 am, TheOneKEA wrote:
On Apr 25, 7:42 pm, Matthew P Jones wrote:

I noticed today what appeared to be new connections from the fast
lines
to the slow lines just south of where the Met line splits into the
Watford and Rickmansworth routes/ There is already such a connection
forming part of the existing junction.

Anyone know what is going on? Are the connections permanent, are they
re modelling the junction?

The junction is being remodelled, mainly to remove the moveable angles
in the fast/slow convergence and to replace otherwise worn-out track
and pointwork.

The New (Southern) Watford South Junction, was started during the
Easter Shutdown.
It is scheduled to be commissioned during the Summer. Also I believe
(but dont have the dates to hand but they should be on the TfL
website) that there will be a number of weekday shutdowns Harrow/
Northwood-Amersham/Chesham/Watford and Marylebone-Great Missenden.

I know a little about this project a few dates for anyone intrested

7 July - Finish south junction track work - The Kirow crane will return to
lift the main pannels currently sitting aroung Croxley Tip and the
triangle
10 August - Renew Watford North Junction (closest to Ricky) (it is
currently
sitting next to it)
17 August - Renew Watford East Junction (Croxley side)
24 August (Bank Holiday) - South Junction Prep works mainly point machine
fitting
31 August - Signalling commisioning
7 Sept + most Sept weekends track rewal on the curve between Croxley moor
park and removal exixitng junction.

Anyone wanting more details I could go on for pages
Andrew

Carry on, I'm interested!

John Burke
WRUG

The junction is being moved to allow quicker is the speed on the through
routes. The speed of the curve between Croxley and Moor park will go up to
30 currently 20. It should be the first journey time reduction on SSL in a
long time. It will also remove the 30mph speed restriction in both
directions on the main between Ricky and Moor Park. One of the main reasons
for the project is the moveable angles (or switch diamonds) that form part
of the current south to south crossover. They are very unreliable and
expensive to maintain so this should be a win win sistuation.
It will all be tradional LUL signalling no Westinghouse computers yet. There
will visable signallling changes in the run to August with a couple of new
post for new juction signals and related repeaters.
One thing I did not mention is that the route between Rickmansworth and
Croxley will be closed 10 August to 3 September mainly to allow the
pre-building of the new East junction on the curve. I guess this will have
some effect on first/last trains.
Andy

Old April 29th 07, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 28, 12:26�am, "Andy" wrote:
[...]

Were these panels made up on site as they do appear to be very big to
have been craned in?

Burkey

Old April 30th 07, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"burkey" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 28, 12:26?am, "Andy" wrote:
[...]

They were brought in by the Class 66 locos during one of the plain line
renewals.

The pannels for the east junction will be (re)made up on site. Its soon to
be under test at Balfours in Beeston.
Andy

Old May 8th 07, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Andy
writes
Anyone wanting more details I could go on for pages

Do you have the kilometrage for the new junctions?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: