Old April 25th 07, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Connection Watford Triangle - Metropolitan Line

I noticed today what appeared to be new connections from the fast lines
to the slow lines just south of where the Met line splits into the
Watford and Rickmansworth routes/ There is already such a connection
forming part of the existing junction.

Anyone know what is going on? Are the connections permanent, are they
re modelling the junction?

--
Matthew P Jones
www.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk

Old April 26th 07, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25 Apr, 19:42, Matthew P Jones wrote:
There is already such a connection forming part of the existing junction.

This is the problem they're trying to fix. They're moving the
connection further south so that trains to Watford can run at higher
speeds round the curve.

Old April 26th 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 25, 7:42 pm, Matthew P Jones wrote:
I noticed today what appeared to be new connections from the fast lines
to the slow lines just south of where the Met line splits into the
Watford and Rickmansworth routes/ There is already such a connection
forming part of the existing junction.

Anyone know what is going on? Are the connections permanent, are they
re modelling the junction?

The junction is being remodelled, mainly to remove the moveable angles
in the fast/slow convergence and to replace otherwise worn-out track
and pointwork.

Old April 26th 07, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 26, 10:50 am, TheOneKEA wrote:
On Apr 25, 7:42 pm, Matthew P Jones wrote:

I noticed today what appeared to be new connections from the fast lines
to the slow lines just south of where the Met line splits into the
Watford and Rickmansworth routes/ There is already such a connection
forming part of the existing junction.

Anyone know what is going on? Are the connections permanent, are they
re modelling the junction?

The junction is being remodelled, mainly to remove the moveable angles
in the fast/slow convergence and to replace otherwise worn-out track
and pointwork.

The New (Southern) Watford South Junction, was started during the
Easter Shutdown.
It is scheduled to be commissioned during the Summer. Also I believe
(but dont have the dates to hand but they should be on the TfL
website) that there will be a number of weekday shutdowns Harrow/
Northwood-Amersham/Chesham/Watford and Marylebone-Great Missenden.

Also the first site to be moved out of the Signal Cabins is Watford,
controlled by Rickmansworth Signal Cabin is May 2009 and Amersham to
close completely later in 2009.

Old April 26th 07, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"chunky munky" wrote in message
ps.com...

The New (Southern) Watford South Junction, was started during the
Easter Shutdown.
It is scheduled to be commissioned during the Summer. Also I believe
(but dont have the dates to hand but they should be on the TfL
website) that there will be a number of weekday shutdowns Harrow/
Northwood-Amersham/Chesham/Watford and Marylebone-Great Missenden.

Interesting... the current PDF on the TFL site for the next 6 months
track closures makes no mention of any weekday closures on the met.
see
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...k-closures.pdf

Old April 26th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Matt Wheeler ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

The New (Southern) Watford South Junction, was started during the
Easter Shutdown.
It is scheduled to be commissioned during the Summer. Also I believe
(but dont have the dates to hand but they should be on the TfL
website) that there will be a number of weekday shutdowns Harrow/
Northwood-Amersham/Chesham/Watford and Marylebone-Great Missenden.

Interesting... the current PDF on the TFL site for the next 6 months
track closures makes no mention of any weekday closures on the met.
see
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...k-closures.pdf

Early shutdown, late start, I presume?

I dread to think how many TfL managers'll be dangling from trees if they DO
try and shut the line down on weekdays...

Not having trains for half of all weekends across nine months or so is
farcical enough...
Old April 26th 07, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26 Apr 2007 20:34:57 GMT, Adrian wrote:

The New (Southern) Watford South Junction, was started during the
Easter Shutdown.
It is scheduled to be commissioned during the Summer. Also I believe
(but dont have the dates to hand but they should be on the TfL
website) that there will be a number of weekday shutdowns Harrow/
Northwood-Amersham/Chesham/Watford and Marylebone-Great Missenden.

Interesting... the current PDF on the TFL site for the next 6 months
track closures makes no mention of any weekday closures on the met.
see
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...k-closures.pdf

Early shutdown, late start, I presume?

I dread to think how many TfL managers'll be dangling from trees if they DO
try and shut the line down on weekdays...

Not having trains for half of all weekends across nine months or so is
farcical enough...

Especially after the Met shutdowns for the Wembley Park upgrade not so
long ago. What was that, every weekend for 12+ months?
Old April 27th 07, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

[...]

I know a little about this project a few dates for anyone intrested

7 July - Finish south junction track work - The Kirow crane will return to
lift the main pannels currently sitting aroung Croxley Tip and the triangle
10 August - Renew Watford North Junction (closest to Ricky) (it is currently
sitting next to it)
17 August - Renew Watford East Junction (Croxley side)
24 August (Bank Holiday) - South Junction Prep works mainly point machine
fitting
31 August - Signalling commisioning
7 Sept + most Sept weekends track rewal on the curve between Croxley moor
park and removal exixitng junction.

Anyone wanting more details I could go on for pages
Andrew

Old April 28th 07, 05:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 28, 12:26�am, "Andy" wrote:
[...]

Carry on, I'm interested!

John Burke
WRUG

Old April 28th 07, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I know a little about this project a few dates for anyone intrested

7 July - Finish south junction track work - The Kirow crane will return to
lift the main pannels currently sitting aroung Croxley Tip and the triangle
10 August - Renew Watford North Junction (closest to Ricky) (it is currently
sitting next to it)
17 August - Renew Watford East Junction (Croxley side)
24 August (Bank Holiday) - South Junction Prep works mainly point machine
fitting
31 August - Signalling commisioning
7 Sept + most Sept weekends track rewal on the curve between Croxley moor
park and removal exixitng junction.

Anyone wanting more details I could go on for pages
Andrew

Thanks for the Info Andy, can you comment on the rumor that only 40% of
the scheduled work was completed during the massive easter shutdown?