Old June 10th 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default Pickpocket North London Line

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

When I was burgled a few years back the police turned up next
morning. A lone officer who was told it was a car theft !

You should have told the police a disabled person was double-parked outside
your house, they would have had two squad cars around in three minutes.

Old June 10th 07, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

Personally I'd like to see all drugs dreciminalised for adult use. It
would stop the crooks making fortunes, and stop people needing to
steal quite so much to afford them.

And put strichnine in one pack per thousand.

Old June 10th 07, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 15:30:29 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK

wrote in :
In message , Dr Ivan D. Reid
writes
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:17:46 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK

wrote in :
In message . com,
Adrian writes

So watch your valuables on the East[sic] London Line, the vermin
pick pockets
are about !!

You failed to retain his testicles. Now he can breed more scum

Everyone at work said the same and I was carrying a hefty umbrella. But
when it happens you realise no one else is aware of what happened and
you're going to be bashing the crap out of a stranger with no apparent
motive.

I'm told that an errant finger bent backwards loses resistance
beyond a certain point. Done quickly enough you needn't feel guilt; the
perp may feel something else...

It is funny when this sort of thing happens. We all like to feel we'd
behave in some macho, but ultimately heroic way :-)

I just looked at him, looking uncomfortable for about 30 seconds until
the train pulled into Gospel Oak. Jamming my brolly into him just seemed
inappropriate for some reason. Maybe that's what these guys rely on,
civilised people playing by the rules ?

The only time I was pickpocketed I knew there were pickpockets about,
but not that one was already at my side.

I'd taken the 10 trolleybus from Aeroport de Genève to its
intersection with the 9 bus to CERN on a Sunday afternoon. Not having
done this before, I followed progress on my GPS/PDA, which I slipped into
my top right pocket once I'd determined that I meeded to change one stop
further than the one we were arriving at. One chap got on and stood to my
right (the door was to my left), then a press of East Europeans started on
but one dropped his key in the stairwell and made a great show of looking
for it amongst all the feet. Apparently this let the last of their number
press up against the mark behind the blockage and relieve him of his wallet.
As the scrum cleared I saw this last guy hand a wallet around to the older
guy at the front. So I backed off towards the side of the bus and made
sure my two wallets were covered in my back pockets.

When I got off the trolleybus my PDA was missing...

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN

Old June 18th 07, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

If you want to blame someone for the number of pickpockets then blame
the Blair and Brown government.

People are now so heavily taxed they cant afford to scrape a living.

Labour tax heavily the poor to pay for wars and the rich.

Old June 18th 07, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

"Marra" wrote in message
ps.com...
If you want to blame someone for the number of pickpockets then blame
the Blair and Brown government.

People are now so heavily taxed they cant afford to scrape a living.

Labour tax heavily the poor to pay for wars and the rich.

So we never had pickpockets before 1997?

Old June 18th 07, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

People are now so heavily taxed they cant afford to scrape a living.

TOTAL RUBBISH

Frank Field doesn't think so