Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 24th 07, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Regent's Park underground station lifts and sign spelling? Need pics!

wrote in message
.uk...
I can recount an opposite incident that happened in autumn.

King's Cross St.Pancras, on the Northern Line, was closed for work on the
planned Eurostar service. There were plenty of passenger notices, yellow
warning signs at the station warning drivers not to stop, etc.

One driver did stop, however. And he opened the doors.

[snip]

I was rather surprised myself, because the train had initially come to a
full stop at the station. I thought, however, that the driver was simply
waiting for the starter to clear.

When I've been on tube journeys through temporarily closed stations, the
train came to a full stop, but began moving again after barely a second's
pause - I guessed the signalling/tripcock systems at such stations were
designed on the assumption that train would stop there?

--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ ***
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)