Old August 13th 03, 07:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Driver Doors Open

Their is one thing that is really ****ing me off.

That is tube drivers on the northern line having their cab driver side doors
open while in the TUNNEL.

If a diver wants to risk his life that is his business, but as a passenger
the last thing I want is for him to be seriously or fatally injured while we
a travelling at high speed.

Old August 13th 03, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

If a diver wants to risk his life that is his business, but as a passenger
the last thing I want is for him to be seriously or fatally injured while

we
a travelling at high speed.

I dont mind the other door open but I would just hate to think is that he or
she would fall out and blood would be all over the front window.

Old August 13th 03, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
The Equalizer wrote:
Their is one thing that is really ****ing me off.

That is tube drivers on the northern line having their cab driver side doors
open while in the TUNNEL.

If a diver wants to risk his life that is his business, but as a passenger
the last thing I want is for him to be seriously or fatally injured while we
a travelling at high speed.

The deadman's handle covers this situation, I'd've thought. (Basically
it's a handle or button that must be kept pressed down or the brakes
come on; at least in the traditional design. Modern stock may have
a more cunning arrangment designed to catch other problems).

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.

Old August 13th 03, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
"The Equalizer" wrote in message
Their is one thing that is really ****ing me off.

That is tube drivers on the northern line having their cab
driver side doors
open while in the TUNNEL.

If a diver wants to risk his life that is his business,
but as a passenger
the last thing I want is for him to be seriously or
fatally injured while we
a travelling at high speed.

What does it matter to you? If he falls out the train will
stop. Anyway ,
aren't the seats more of a wrapround armchair type that
would make it rather
difficult for him to fall out unless he stood up first?

B2003

That depends on the stock besides which most of them open the door on the
opposite side of the cab from where they're sitting. Which makes falling out
a matter of determined dedication and deliberate bloody-mindedness.