Old July 20th 07, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default iBus and stop names

Can anyone enlighten me as to the logic of bus stop naming? Two stops
directly opposite each other sometimes have different names. This
sometimes makes sense - at a tube station at a crossroads, for
example, you want to know you're there at the first stop you come to.

But other times it seems entirely random - on Pentonville Road, for
example, there's a stop called The Angel Centre across from one simply
called Angel Islington.

There also doesn't seme to be any logic to when iBus tells you what
road you're on. I took a 73 in this morning, and the bus announced its
arrival on Pentonville Road and Oxford Street, but not Euston Road or
Gower Street. Wouldn't it be useful to announce all major roads in the
name of the first stop on them?

I was just wondering if there was a logic I wasn't seeing or if it
really is that random.

Jonn