Old February 22nd 09, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default iBus fitted buses without displays?

I've noticed several types of buses which have had the 'business end'
of iBus fitted, and make the correct announcements (and have that
little blue and yellow sticker in the windscreen), but have no
interior LED displays - the long Darts on my local route 227 are one
example, and the Citaro artics on the 436 are another. I wonder
whether a) these types fall into the 'too difficult' category (though
some of each type *have* been fitted with displays), b) once the 'hard
bit' of the fitment is done, local garages are able to add the
displays at their own pace, or c) despite reports to the contrary,
iBus fitting is not quite as complete and trouble-free as stated?

Old February 22nd 09, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote...
I've noticed several types of buses which have had the 'business end'
of iBus fitted, and make the correct announcements (and have that
little blue and yellow sticker in the windscreen), but have no
interior LED displays - the long Darts on my local route 227 are one
example, and the Citaro artics on the 436 are another. I wonder
whether a) these types fall into the 'too difficult' category

Citaros are among the easiest to fit, apparently, and most of Arriva's were
among the early conversions. With the darts, it depends on the mdel, but
I've heard of no major issues.

More likely a parts problem, at a wild guess.
--

Andrew

"She plays the tuba.
It is the only instrument capable
of imitating a distress call."

Old February 23rd 09, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default iBus fitted buses ... the 207

"martin" wrote ...
... but was already a little thrown by the bus having Stagecoach moquettes
and floors, rather than the slightly plainer First variety.

Interesting that under Boris "I hate Bendies / I love the Standard" Johnson,
there are more Bendies on the road now than there ever were under Ken "I
just want to keep London Moving" Livingstone.

When London General won the 453 from Stagecoach, they put on all new
bendies, and Stagecoach's old ones are seeping back to Arriva, First etc.,
to boost their services.

Old February 23rd 09, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew Heenan" wrote in
:

"martin" wrote ...
... but was already a little thrown by the bus having Stagecoach
moquettes and floors, rather than the slightly plainer First variety.

Interesting that under Boris "I hate Bendies / I love the Standard"
Johnson, there are more Bendies on the road now than there ever were
under Ken "I just want to keep London Moving" Livingstone.

When London General won the 453 from Stagecoach, they put on all new
bendies, and Stagecoach's old ones are seeping back to Arriva, First
etc., to boost their services.

Yeah, but that was a done deal already, right?

Old February 24th 09, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"James Farrar" wrote:
When London General won the 453 from Stagecoach, they put on all new
bendies, and Stagecoach's old ones are seeping back to Arriva, First
etc., to boost their services.

Yeah, but that was a done deal already, right?

Not at all; when Stagecoach (sorry, actually NOT stagecoach anymore, but
East London Group!) lost the contract, the expectation was that all the
Bendies would return to the lessor - almost immediately, a couple went to
their own route 25, and a couple (I think) to the 18 (First). Maybe a couple
to Arriva for the 29 (anyone know for sure?)

Then some got sent to the Olympic site for internal movement, the rest went
into store.

The latest additions were as recent as last month. I'm pretty sure than
none were agreed before the contact went to Go-Ahead, and three months ago,
the expectation was that no more would be used in London (barring fires,
accidents, etc)(!).

Old February 24th 09, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Andrew Heenan wrote:

The latest additions were as recent as last month. I'm pretty sure than
none were agreed before the contact went to Go-Ahead, and three months ago,
the expectation was that no more would be used in London (barring fires,
accidents, etc)(!).

Where's this from? My running total from londonbusroutes shows PVR of
356 in December and 355 now, with one fewer on the 207.

Tom
Old February 24th 09, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Barry" wrote ...
The latest additions were as recent as last month. I'm pretty sure than
none were agreed before the contact went to Go-Ahead, and three months
ago, the expectation was that no more would be used in London (barring
fires, accidents, etc)(!).

Where's this from? My running total from londonbusroutes shows PVR of 356
in December and 355 now, with one fewer on the 207.

Buses, March 2009 - probably went to press round about 10th Feb.

Old February 24th 09, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Andrew Heenan wrote:
"Tom Barry" wrote ...
The latest additions were as recent as last month. I'm pretty sure than
none were agreed before the contact went to Go-Ahead, and three months
ago, the expectation was that no more would be used in London (barring
fires, accidents, etc)(!).

Where's this from? My running total from londonbusroutes shows PVR of 356
in December and 355 now, with one fewer on the 207.

Buses, March 2009 - probably went to press round about 10th Feb.

Thanks. May have to buy a copy, although if I do so regularly in
addition to my usual railway periodicals my other half will probably leave.

Are there any numbers around it?

Tom
Old February 24th 09, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:55:54 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

Yes, CT Plus won that contract.

If I can correct that (as I know someone who works for ECT at quite a
high level who told me about their success on that contract), it was a
joint venture of ECT (Ealing) and HCT (CT Plus).

Neil

--
Neil Williams