Old August 13th 03, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Jam Cams conspiracy?

I,ve just noticed that all of the Jam Cams, provided by BBC London,
covering my area of east London - the Isle of Dogs and Blackwall
Tunnel (right through to the A2) - have been 'removed due to a TfL
fault'. Most of these cams have been kaputt for years but you would
get the occasional day when you could check the tunnel northern
approach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/jamcams/east.shtml

Could this be a conspiracy by TfL to prevent drivers from seeing the
horrendous tailbacks and entering the boundary zone of the Congestion
Charging area to use the Rotherhithe Tunnel or Tower Bridge instead?

Rant #2. The BBC have cancelled Star Trek the Next Generation this
evening to show bloody football!!! :-(

--

Phil ,,,^.".^,,,

---

Old August 13th 03, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

"Redonda" wrote in message
Rant #2. The BBC have cancelled Star Trek the Next Generation this
evening to show bloody football!!! :-(

Get Sky. Star Trek is wall-to-wall and you'll be sick of it before long.

Old August 13th 03, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Redonda wrote:
I,ve just noticed that all of the Jam Cams, provided by BBC London,
covering my area of east London - the Isle of Dogs and Blackwall
Tunnel (right through to the A2) - have been 'removed due to a TfL
fault'. Most of these cams have been kaputt for years but you would
get the occasional day when you could check the tunnel northern
approach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/jamcams/east.shtml

If it's any consolation, all the jamcams in the Hammersmith area have also
been removed from the BBC site, just at the time when it would be useful to
see the effects of the Hammersmith Flyover closure.
--
Richard J.

Old August 13th 03, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:49:31 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Redonda wrote:
I,ve just noticed that all of the Jam Cams, provided by BBC London,
covering my area of east London - the Isle of Dogs and Blackwall
Tunnel (right through to the A2) - have been 'removed due to a TfL
fault'. Most of these cams have been kaputt for years but you would
get the occasional day when you could check the tunnel northern
approach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/jamcams/east.shtml

If it's any consolation, all the jamcams in the Hammersmith area have also
been removed from the BBC site, just at the time when it would be useful to
see the effects of the Hammersmith Flyover closure.

They also get switched off during demonstrations etc. in London. The
page says Transport for London has turned them off for "operational
reasons". Why they can't just put that the truth - that the police
asked for them to be turned off - beats me.

Gareth

Old August 14th 03, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Redonda wrote:

The BBC have cancelled Star Trek the Next Generation this
evening to show bloody football!!

Good grief, are they still making new episodes of STtNG?

Old August 14th 03, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

"david stevenson" wrote in message
Redonda wrote:

The BBC have cancelled Star Trek the Next Generation this
evening to show bloody football!!

Good grief, are they still making new episodes of STtNG?

Nope.

Old August 14th 03, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Redonda wrote:

The BBC have cancelled Star Trek the Next Generation this
evening to show bloody football!!

Good grief, are they still making new episodes of STtNG?

Nope.

But a good Trekkie will still enjoy the repeats. Just like a good
movie, there's always something to see that might have been missed
the first time(s) :-)

--

Phil ,,,^.".^,,,

---

Old August 14th 03, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Redonda wrote:
[...]

That doesn't surprise me, but I can't remember the last time there
was any 'civil disobediance' at the Blackwall Tunnel.

--

Phil ,,,^.".^,,,

---

Old August 14th 03, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default OT: Star Trek TNG (was Jam Cams conspiracy?)

"david stevenson" wrote in message

It's daft to suggest that these repeats should take priority
over a live event. Those who love STtNG will have already
seen the episode, whereas the rest of us don't want to see it.

I think TNG is the best TV show ever, and I didn't have a television when it
was first shown. But I only have to wait to next week to see it, and I can
manage that. Whereas in Smallville, teenage Clark Kent turned evil at the
end of the series and I have to wait until next year to see if he turns good
again before he becomes an adult.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 15th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

"Redonda" wrote in message
david stevenson wrote:
Redonda wrote:

But a good Trekkie will still enjoy the repeats. Just like a

good
movie, there's always something to see that might have been

missed
the first time(s) :-)

It's daft to suggest that these repeats should take priority over

live event. Those who love STtNG will have already seen the

episode,
whereas the rest of us don't want to see it.

If the event was *that* important it would have been scheduled.
Anyway, what's so special about 22 grown men trying to kick **** out
of a bag of leather and a man in black that causes mass hysteria
amongst the most brainless thugs in our society? )

Most brainless other than the socially maladjusted freaks and
'trekkies' who obsess on Star Trek and assorted spin-offs

Tube strike conspiracy theory John B London Transport 5 August 20th 08 12:06 PM
:::@@==3 FREE LIVE CAMS==@@::: Cindy Sexy London Transport 0 January 2nd 08 07:02 PM
Bus jam marcb London Transport 12 January 1st 06 07:37 PM
Bus jam in Notting Hill last Sunday John Rowland London Transport 31 October 25th 05 04:33 PM
Massive Oxford Street Traffic Jam Saturday 28 Feb ? Jonathan London Transport 1 February 29th 04 03:26 PM