Old September 29th 07, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overcrowding at Kings Cross St Pancras

In message . com of
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:38:18 in uk.transport.london, Boltar
writes
On Sep 27, 11:13 pm, "Marķa" wrote:
probably a daily commuter who has to put up with a shoddy service that
treats its customers like trash but charges them a fortune, day after day.

Exactly. I had to renew my monthly oyster today - 127 quid. Bargain.
Not. Got on the train along with the other 200 odd people waiting on
the platform (presumably yet another rush hour cancellation) , train
went halfway to the next station and stopped. 5 minutes later we were
still stopped. Did the driver give us any info? Oh please. No doubt he
was too busy writing a fan letter to Uncle Bob and inquiring about
their next strike.

I wouldn't mind if this only happened occasionally , but it happens
every damn day at some point on the journey either going in or coming
home. And no I'm not exaggerating. I am however absolutely f*cking
sick of it.

Complaining here has no chance of being effective. I suggest you also
complain at https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp If
dissatisfied with the result, try http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/
Note the time, location, service, carriage number and (ideally) train
number which you will find at the back of the train when you leave. On
platforms except for Jubilee platforms with platform edge doors, it is
also possible to note the train number at the front as it approaches.
There should have been PA within 30 secs and there should have been PA
every 2 minutes or less while the delay continued.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old September 30th 07, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:22:27 +0100, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

There should have been PA within 30 secs and there should have been PA
every 2 minutes or less while the delay continued.

I've noticed in the last month or so, drivers have been much quicker
to give tannoy announcements at delays, even if it's just "we're
stopped at a red signal and I don't know why".

Updates every two minutes, however, strikes me as somewhat excessive.
Old October 3rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , James Farrar
writes

There should have been PA within 30 secs and there should have been PA
every 2 minutes or less while the delay continued.

I've noticed in the last month or so, drivers have been much quicker
to give tannoy announcements at delays, even if it's just "we're
stopped at a red signal and I don't know why".

New rules innit - initial announcement within 30 secs, if only to
reassure the passengers that you've not dropped dead.
Old October 3rd 07, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:37:36 +0100, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

In message , James Farrar
writes

There should have been PA within 30 secs and there should have been PA
every 2 minutes or less while the delay continued.

I've noticed in the last month or so, drivers have been much quicker
to give tannoy announcements at delays, even if it's just "we're
stopped at a red signal and I don't know why".

New rules innit - initial announcement within 30 secs, if only to
reassure the passengers that you've not dropped dead.

I had presumed there had been such an edict; but if the rules really
state that announcements should be made evry two minutes, that's
excessive.

Does this only apply between stations?
Old October 3rd 07, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , James Farrar
writes

I've noticed in the last month or so, drivers have been much quicker
to give tannoy announcements at delays, even if it's just "we're
stopped at a red signal and I don't know why".

New rules innit - initial announcement within 30 secs, if only to
reassure the passengers that you've not dropped dead.

I had presumed there had been such an edict; but if the rules really
state that announcements should be made evry two minutes, that's
excessive.

Does this only apply between stations?

The instruction is - first announcement after 30 secs. There is no
particular requirement to give any more information to a deadline other
than passing on any relevant info (which I would do anyway, edict or
no!).

It is expected that once initial information has been passed on, then
updates are obviously important for long shutdowns; otherwise a minimum
of something every station when slow moving so that any joining
passengers are kept updated.

Old October 3rd 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , James
Farrar writes

[...]

Is there a requirement to find out the cause of the delay before the
first, or perhaps second, announcement? I was wondering whether the new
rule had led to many more radio calls from drivers to the line
controller, and whether this was a good use of his time, e.g. does it
detract from sorting out the blockage if there is one?
--
Richard J.