Old October 29th 07, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Strange little cameras on gantries above the roads.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 01:33:27 -0700, verbena wrote:

Its the whole of the London area, from Enfield to Kingston, Havering
to Hillingdon and including Bromley and Croydon. Some parts of the M4,
M25 and M11 are included, though I don't see how they can police a
vehicle passing through a small section of the M25 in its way to
somewhere else.

The M25 motorway is not included in the LEZ even where it passes within the
boundary.

This is a quote from http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/2525.aspx

--
jhk

Old October 29th 07, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 22, 8:38 am, Adrian wrote:
verbena (verbena ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Its the whole of the London area, from Enfield to Kingston, Havering to
Hillingdon and including Bromley and Croydon. Some parts of the M4, M25
and M11 are included, though I don't see how they can police a vehicle
passing through a small section of the M25 in its way to somewhere else.

s'ok - that one short stretch of M25 is explicitly excluded.

Its worrying someone I know whose factory is just inside the zone and he
has a P-reg diesel van, which he travels to work in each day.

Vans 3.5t don't come under the LEZ until 2010.

I noticed a group of them over the southbound carriageway at New
Malden the other day. They're just at the end of the marking for the
speed camera as you come off Shannon corner flyover. This is still
within the boundry of the LEZ, so I presume they must be there to
catch anyone not already spotted. I wonder if its going to be possible
to drive through the zone without passing a camera?

Neill