Old November 14th 07, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default I, for one, welcome our new newt-loving overlord

"Michael Hoffman" wrote

Wasn't the Waterloo and City Line in NSE livery for years?

Yes, and some of the previous W&C stock still had ventilator grilles which
read 'Southern Railway' 40 years after nationalisation.

Peter

Old November 14th 07, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 14 Nov, 09:21, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Michael Hoffman" wrote

Wasn't the Waterloo and City Line in NSE livery for years?

Yes, and some of the previous W&C stock still had ventilator grilles which
read 'Southern Railway' 40 years after nationalisation.

Peter

Though, apart from anything else, it would be something of an exercise
to re-livery a W&C train, given that they need to be craned out of the
depot in what is a pretty major operation. Unless the trains could be
'vinyled' from within the depot? Not that the W&C livery was (rightly)
ever a particularly pressing concern for LU.

Old November 14th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

DERWENT I, for one, welcome our new newt-loving overlord
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:21:54 -0000, "Peter Masson"

"Michael Hoffman" wrote

Wasn't the Waterloo and City Line in NSE livery for years?

Yes, and some of the previous W&C stock still had ventilator grilles which
read 'Southern Railway' 40 years after nationalisation.

Are there NSE logos still embedded in the platforms?

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett
Old November 14th 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:06:42 +0000, PRAR wrote:

Wasn't the Waterloo and City Line in NSE livery for years?

Yes, and some of the previous W&C stock still had ventilator grilles which
read 'Southern Railway' 40 years after nationalisation.

Are there NSE logos still embedded in the platforms?

Yes, although they've had a yellow line painted unceremoniously across
them.