Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 20th 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible...

Sunday was COLD and very wet.

After waiting over 10 minutes at a bus stop close to home, the 302
driver (Metroline) tells me there is no ramp on the bus. As we are
freezing and I can do a few steps, I climb onto the bus.

On our return, we opt to take the 32 (Metroline again) north from
Kilburn as there was no Jubilee Line beyond Wembley Park.

I sat in the chair waiting for the bus. When it came, the driver did not
offer use of the ramp and my partner struggled to push me through the
front doors. At Cricklewood Bus Garage, we were instructed to alight and
join another bus, which was driven by the same driver. Again, there was
neither offer of a ramp or any mention of one. The same was true when we
alighted at Burnt Oak.

Do we have to demand a ramp?
My partner looks young and fit.

I've not had this problem when my I'm out with my septuagenarian mother.

I suspect the drivers are reluctant to deploy the ramps...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.