Old November 14th 09, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Accessible Taxi from Tate Modern to Paddington on a Saturday Evening

Hi,
I would to go from the Tate Modern to Paddington at about 19:00, and
need a wheelchair cab. How long does the journey normally take and is
there a suitable rank close by?

Thanks

Old November 14th 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

James Salisbury wrote:
Hi,
I would to go from the Tate Modern to Paddington at about 19:00, and
need a wheelchair cab. How long does the journey normally take and is
there a suitable rank close by?

Here's the rank... Whether there'll be a taxi on it is another question, but
there are many moving available taxis on all major roads in Central London
at the moment due to the recession.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&.... 54,,0,42.64

All London taxis are wheelchair accessible. I don't know the journey time.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old November 14th 09, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
James Salisbury wrote:
Hi,
I would to go from the Tate Modern to Paddington at about 19:00, and
need a wheelchair cab. How long does the journey normally take and is
there a suitable rank close by?

Here's the rank... Whether there'll be a taxi on it is another
question, but there are many moving available taxis on all major roads
in Central London at the moment due to the recession.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&.... 54,,0,42.64

All London taxis are wheelchair accessible. I don't know the journey
time.

That's Tate Britain :-)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...4.9 7,,0,9.49

This is Tate Modern.

Peter Smyth

Old November 14th 09, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
James Salisbury wrote:
Hi,
I would to go from the Tate Modern to Paddington at about 19:00, and
need a wheelchair cab. How long does the journey normally take and
is there a suitable rank close by?

Here's the rank... Whether there'll be a taxi on it is another
question, but there are many moving available taxis on all major
roads in Central London at the moment due to the recession.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&.... 54,,0,42.64

All London taxis are wheelchair accessible. I don't know the journey
time.

That's Tate Britain :-)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...4.9 7,,0,9.49

This is Tate Modern.

Oh yeah. There are always taxis on the rank at Tate Modern.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old November 15th 09, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Nov, 13:55, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Peter Smyth wrote:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...3,-0.126364&sp...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...7,-0.100309&sp...

This is Tate Modern.

Oh yeah. There are always taxis on the rank at Tate Modern.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.- Hide quoted text -

I would allow 30 minutes to get yourself onto Paddington concourse
from there.