Old November 28th 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lack of GOBLin connections

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
On 28 Nov, 14:40, "Richard J." wrote:
wrote:
when the line passes over the Central Line and Chiltern Railways
Ruislip branch, it is only a few hundred yards from North Acton
station, yet again no interchange is possible, despite
long-standing plans for such a facility here.

Plans? Are you sure? If so, where can I find them? Or do you just
mean "dreams"?

--
Richard J.

Ealing Council list it in their plans:

page 117 of
http://www.ealing.gov.uk/ealing3/exp...Chapter_08.pdf

Not *their* plans. In (?)2005, they included it in the list of things they
wanted Crossrail to plan, but as we know it hasn't been included. They
didn't actually mention North Acton in that context, only a Crossrail
station and by implication one on the NLL. I would be very interested in
seeing any detailed planning for it, but I'm not aware that any has been
done.
--
Richard J.

Old November 28th 07, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Erm the GOBLIN's bay platform is on the westbound NLL platform isn't it?

Yes if you're going WB from the GobLin to the NLL, the interchange is
awkward via street level, if you're EB it's virtually cross-platform,
Old November 28th 07, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28 Nov, 11:09, wrote:
A similar critiscm can be made of the North London Line, that other
jewel in TFL's crown....

I think it's better if you look at how many of the lines it meets it
interchanges with, rather than by station. I get scores of 7 of 12
tube/DLR lines (including 3 at Stratford), 6 of 9 inner suburban
services, and unsurprisingly 0 of 7 outer surburban/intercity
services.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old November 28th 07, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Erm the GOBLIN's bay platform is on the westbound NLL platform isn't
it?

Yes if you're going WB from the GobLin to the NLL, the interchange is
awkward via street level, if you're EB it's virtually cross-platform,

So in response to the question which you quoted, I think the answer you
intended was "No", rather than "Yes"?
--
David Biddulph

Old November 28th 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

Ealing Council bid for government funding to perform design work. I don't
know if they got it.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...?200728#OldOak