Old December 30th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Old BR logo on London Underground

In article
,
(umpston) wrote:

e.g. Harrow-on-the-Hill had a double arrow logo outside at the
time of privatisation (and still does).

And were there not Railtrack lines running via this station? Please
explain.

Not for the last 6 years at least!

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old December 30th 07, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30 Dec, 21:20, umpston wrote:
On Dec 30, 3:24 pm, asdf wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 04:46:13 -0800 (PST), umpston wrote:
It's *not* an old logo. Every railway station in the country shows that
logo

Not quite every station. St Pancras has only HS1 logos, not a BR
Double Arrow in sight!

Nor do stations served only by the UndergrounD. The logo is used only
for the 'National Rail' network. At privatisation this was easy to
define as all lines owned by Railtrack.

Err, no.

e.g. Harrow-on-the-Hill had a double arrow logo outside at the time of
privatisation (and still does).

And were there not Railtrack lines running via this station? Please
explain.

The boundary between Railtrack (later Network Rail) and LUL on the
lines from Marylebone is at 61.25 km, some 0.5 km south of Harrow-on-
the-Hill station, which is entirely owned and operated by LUL.

Stuart J
Old December 30th 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 30, 9:58 pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article
,

(umpston) wrote:
e.g. Harrow-on-the-Hill had a double arrow logo outside at the
time of privatisation (and still does).

And were there not Railtrack lines running via this station?
Please explain.

Not for the last 6 years at least!

Please explain.

Railtrack PLC went into railway administration in 2001 and was replaced
by Network Rail.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I know this - my post (and the reply from asdf) was referring to the
time of privatisation.

Old December 30th 07, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 30, 10:32 pm, StuartJ wrote:
On 30 Dec, 21:20, umpston wrote:

On Dec 30, 3:24 pm, asdf wrote:

[...]

Thank you for your clarification. I stand corrected. Best wishes.
Old December 30th 07, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If a LO station only has LO services then it will eventually not have
the NR Double Arrow logo, there are some expections to this. There is
more information in the Corporate Design section of the TfL website.

Ah, my apologise. However, I don't think I like this. Assuming that National
Rail railcards are still vaild along with National Rail ticketing and
information, to not have the National Rail symbol strikes me as odd.

Best Wishes,
LEWIS

Old December 30th 07, 11:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well crumbs I don't know! However my statement that the logo is used
only for the National Rail network still holds true - I haven't heard
of any non national-rail stations where it is used only of some NR
stations where for some reason it isn't.

With the exception of St Pancras though, non NR station have an alternative
logo which convers what sort of train you are likely to get from there, and
how it is different to a NR station.

The news that St P doesn't have it is a great shame IMO - but not
surprising. Signage is to St Pancras International what Etch-A-Sketch is to
art.

LEWIS

Old December 31st 07, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lew 1" wrote in message
If a LO station only has LO services then it will eventually not have
the NR Double Arrow logo, there are some expections to this. There is
more information in the Corporate Design section of the TfL website.

Ah, my apologise. However, I don't think I like this. Assuming that
National
Rail railcards are still vaild along with National Rail ticketing and
information, to not have the National Rail symbol strikes me as odd.

The TfL 'Corporate Design' stuff explains that it's only the Dalston
Junction - Surrey Quays section (previously ELL) that won't display the NR
symbol. Everywhere else keeps it.

Paul S