Old March 14th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New DLR Trains

It would seem there has been a press launch for the new DLR stock.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7723.aspx

Some piccies here

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...e%20Launch.JPG
http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...%20Car%201.JPG
http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...%20Car%202.JPG

The images are quite large and one has Ken on it!

--
Paul C

Old March 14th 08, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
It would seem there has been a press launch for the new DLR stock.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7723.aspx

Some piccies here

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...e%20Launch.JPG

The guy on the right, has he been photoshopped in, has he got an
oddly-proportioned head or am I hallucinating?
Old March 14th 08, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:11:38 +0000, Dave Newt
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
It would seem there has been a press launch for the new DLR stock.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7723.aspx

Some piccies here

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...e%20Launch.JPG

The guy on the right, has he been photoshopped in, has he got an
oddly-proportioned head or am I hallucinating?

Ian Brown - don't know. I thought Ken looked like a cardboard cut out.
The angle of the photo is very odd indeed - I suspect the photographer
was pinned against the platform end barriers!

--
Paul C

Old March 15th 08, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

They hold banner with text "50% more capacity", but the picture shows
100% increase :-|
Old March 15th 08, 06:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 14, 10:22 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
It would seem there has been a press launch for the new DLR stock.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7723.aspx

Some piccies here

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...DLR%20Rail%20C...

The images are quite large and one has Ken on it!

Quite large: I noticed how slow they were loading... The first one is
"4952.73 kB (5071591 bytes)". Let this be a warning to people who
think it is cool to have an 8 or 10 megapixel camera: You get no
significant added detail, you just get a huge huge huge file that no
one wants. Stick to 4/5 megapixel.

Old March 15th 08, 06:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 15, 1:13 am, alex_t wrote:
They hold banner with text "50% more capacity", but the picture shows
100% increase :-|

You're right - someone didn't think it through. Or perhaps it is
deliberately misleading.
Old March 15th 08, 06:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 14, 10:22 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
It would seem there has been a press launch for the new DLR stock.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7723.aspx

Some piccies here

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...DLR%20Rail%20C...

The images are quite large and one has Ken on it!

They are nice pictures, especially the one with Canary Wharf in the
background. They suffer from what I call Tales-of-the Unexpected
light, a grim sunshine that makes everything grey, like in the TV
series. If there had been some strong sunshine that would have been a
great photo, even with the portakabins.
Old March 15th 08, 06:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...DLR%20Vehicle%...

The guy on the right, has he been photoshopped in, has he got an
oddly-proportioned head or am I hallucinating?

I have measured it and it seems to be 50% larger than a normal head.
Old March 15th 08, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
It would seem there has been a press launch for the new DLR stock.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7723.aspx

Some piccies here

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...DLR%20Vehicle%...

The guy on the right, has he been photoshopped in, has he got an
oddly-proportioned head or am I hallucinating?

I have measured it and it seems to be 50% larger than a normal head.

That's because Ian Brown is nearest to the camera! It's a wide-angle shot
taken close to the train and the people, so you get that sort of distortion.

Re your comment in another post about 10 megapixel images: They do have
their uses. For example, in this case you can see from the shape of the dot
over the 'i' in 'capacity' that it's in New Johnston Book at a large size,
contrary to the TfL design rules. (The dot is about 20 x 20 pixels, at
which size it's possible to see that it has concave sides to the diamond, a
feature of New Johnston Book that is not supposed to be readily visible. The
rules say that NJ Book should not be used at larger sizes than 12-point.
New Johnston Light should be used instead.)
--
Richard J.

Old March 15th 08, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
It would seem there has been a press launch for the new DLR stock.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7723.aspx

Some piccies here

http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...e%20Launch.JPG
http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...%20Car%201.JPG
http://dlr-admin.appius.com/uploads/...%20Car%202.JPG

The images are quite large and one has Ken on it!

Ken looks cheerful.... has the cork come out of his working lunch?