Old September 1st 03, 06:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Q Q is offline

Default Central Line @ Liverpool St. This Morning.

Morning,
I wonder if any one can shed any light ont he following:

Liverpool Street's CIS was advertising un specific delays;

Just after 06:35 on the East bound Central line at Liverpool Street
waiting for the train on the platform the CIS was sat there saying 1
min... After proabley 4 Min a train came crawling into the platform.

The signal at the end of the platform was showing danger.

The train crawled round the corner into the platform (Much slower then
usual) and I noticed that the front right (As the driver sits) yellow
light was flashing. (Between the white running lights, and red tail
lights)

Got on the train, it sat there a moment (For the signal to clear?)
then off we went towards Bank at the usual speed.

I didn't notice if the train was under full ATO or if it was being
'driven' as it came into Liverpool Street.

Any ideas ? The best I could come up with was something along the
lines of either an ATO block failure, or something like that.

Thanks in advance.

Old September 1st 03, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Q Q is offline

Chomp
[...]

The flashing yellow light means it was been driven in RESTRICTED MANUAL.
Which probably means that there was no Automatic codes working in that
section, ie signal failure. The top speed in RM is lesss than 10MPH. This is
to stop the train ploughing in to the back of the train in front as there is
no automatic protection device working in RM. only the driver

-

Thank you. Least I know next time im stuck down there on my way into work.

Cheers.