Old April 28th 08, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Best route Stansted Express - Turnham Green

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:36:41 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote this gibberish:

tims next home wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote:

(snip)

How about District and Circle via Liverpool St to Kings Cross, then across
the island platform to return to Liverpool St the same side as the
mainline trains?

There are some steps (about 5) up from the booking hall to the main
concourse (at Liverpool St). How do you avoid these?

I'm pretty sure that at Liverpool St there's a ramp somewhere down
from the concourse level to the Tube ticket office level.

Anyway, I think Mr Thant's District line (if required), Piccadilly
line, Victoria line and Stansted Express route is the best step free
way to go.

Am I the only person who doesn't worry about this sort of stuff?!

I'm sure people with alot of wheeled luggage, wheeled children or
wheelchair-bound themselves would consider this information very
useful, the comparatively wheel-free among us don't worry about a few
steps I'm sure. )

--
Mark Varley
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Old May 9th 08, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:37:57 +0100, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote this gibberish:

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:32:12 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote this gibberish:

In message , at 13:33:48 on
Sun, 27 Apr 2008, MarkVarley - MVP
remarked:
For a minimum number of steps:

Southbound - Ignore Tottenham Hale as there is a bridge over tracks.
Travel to Liverpool St then get a clockwise Circle train (there's a
step-free route but can be hard to find), change anywhere along the
southern leg, to a District.

Coming from southbound platform at Tottenham Hale there is an
escalator up to the bridge and very few steps at the other side of the
bridge, then escalators down to the vic line platforms.

I can picture the escalators down to the Victoria Line. Are the steps
down fewer than would be required from bridge level to [northbound NXEA]
platform level?

yes, the ticket office floor level is IIRC a few steps down from the
bridge, the northbound platform is about twice as many steps again.
If memory serves me well, I've used the station probably half a dozen
times in the two years I've been here and never with alot of luggage.

I was there yesterday and counted 20 steps off the bridge down to the
ticket hall, more than I remembered. All other steps there are
avoidable.
Old May 10th 08, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The best way to Turnham Green is to tell them you have "guest" tickets for
the Nelson Mandela concert in June.

--
Brian

Old May 10th 08, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:12:43 on
Fri, 9 May 2008, MarkVarley - MVP
remarked:
Coming from southbound platform at Tottenham Hale there is an
escalator up to the bridge and very few steps at the other side of the
bridge, then escalators down to the vic line platforms.

I can picture the escalators down to the Victoria Line. Are the steps
down fewer than would be required from bridge level to [northbound NXEA]
platform level?

yes, the ticket office floor level is IIRC a few steps down from the
bridge, the northbound platform is about twice as many steps again.
If memory serves me well, I've used the station probably half a dozen
times in the two years I've been here and never with alot of luggage.

I was there yesterday and counted 20 steps off the bridge down to the
ticket hall, more than I remembered. All other steps there are
avoidable.

I'm glad the record's been set straight here. It's a few years since I
was at Tottenham Hale (I had a client in an office nearby, when I was
working from Cambridge) but I didn't recall the Underground ticket
office being as high up as originally described.
Old May 10th 08, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 27, 8:49*pm, "tims next home"
wrote:

There are some steps (about 5) up from the booking hall to the main
concourse (at Liverpool St). *How do you avoid these?

Isn't there a lift in the south-east corner of the Tube ticket hall?
(The one that comes out in the middle of the war memorial at street
level, by the McDonalds exit)...