Old May 15th 08, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wembley parking and riding

Can anyone recommend a good "park and ride" station for Wembley stadium,
when coming from Yorkshire? Anywhere south of about Cambridge would
probably be okay, and I guess walks of up to 20-ish min would be fine -
they can read a map, and there will be no baggage, kids, etc to worry about.

My little brother has just told me that him and his friends are coming
down from Hull on May 24 to watch a football match. The train is too
expensive for a car load of Yorkshiremen, so their plan was to drive to
my house (Sutton area) and "get the tube". I've told them there is a bit
of a flaw in that plan, and crossing London by car to get to Sutton is
probably a bit silly. They used Cambridge before, but I don't live there
now.

(The last time I went near a football was at school, which completely
cured me of any interest in sport)
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Old May 15th 08, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 May 2008 22:44:04 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good "park and ride" station for Wembley stadium,
when coming from Yorkshire? Anywhere south of about Cambridge would
probably be okay, and I guess walks of up to 20-ish min would be fine -
they can read a map, and there will be no baggage, kids, etc to worry about.

My little brother has just told me that him and his friends are coming
down from Hull on May 24 to watch a football match. The train is too
expensive for a car load of Yorkshiremen, so their plan was to drive to
my house (Sutton area) and "get the tube". I've told them there is a bit
of a flaw in that plan, and crossing London by car to get to Sutton is
probably a bit silly. They used Cambridge before, but I don't live there
now.

(The last time I went near a football was at school, which completely
cured me of any interest in sport)

Stanmore - minutes from the M1 and the station has a large car park. It
may well be a popular choice though so they shouldn't this until the
last minute on the day.

Direct train on the Jubilee Line but check there are no engineering
works planned as the northern section is the test installation for the
new signalling system.

--
Paul C

Old May 16th 08, 05:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good "park and ride" station for Wembley stadium,
when coming from Yorkshire? Anywhere south of about Cambridge would
probably be okay, and I guess walks of up to 20-ish min would be fine -
they can read a map, and there will be no baggage, kids, etc to worry about.

Milton Keynes Central? Bletchley? Leighton Buzzard? Hemel
Hempstead? Or indeed anywhere along the south WCML, where they can
change at Harrow and Wealdstone or Euston for Wembley Central. Most
of these stations are reasonably easily accessible from the M1.

Neil

--
Neil Williams