Old May 16th 07, 07:44 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Don't have coffee before riding the L.A. Metro Gold Line.

On 16 May 2007 11:55:31 -0700, Adrian
wrote in .com:

At a guess, I would think Harrow-on-the-Hill would have
"facilities" (toilet has a realy unfortunate "ring" in American
English). What is the situation between East Putney and Wimbledon?

It does, but they close infeasibly early on a Friday night -- that's
how I got to know the underbelly of a nearby parking station one night...
I don't think I've seen Uxbridge loos ever open in recent years; "these
facilities are closed due to vandalism" springs to mind.

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN

Old May 17th 07, 11:35 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" typed

wrote in .com:

At a guess, I would think Harrow-on-the-Hill would have
"facilities" (toilet has a realy unfortunate "ring" in American
English). What is the situation between East Putney and Wimbledon?

It does, but they close infeasibly early on a Friday night -- that's
how I got to know the underbelly of a nearby parking station one night...
I don't think I've seen Uxbridge loos ever open in recent years; "these
facilities are closed due to vandalism" springs to mind.

I have used them, but probably in 2004/5. Even then, they frequently
were closed due to vandalism.

Preston Road has good facilities on the platform (I think they close at
2100 or 2000), Kingsbury has facilities by the ticket barrier (also
closed late evening), Burnt Oak has a free automatic cubicle by the
entrance to Burnt Oak Library, Golders Green's facilities are horrid.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 17th 07, 12:44 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

It does, but they close infeasibly early on a Friday night -- that's
how I got to know the underbelly of a nearby parking station one night...
I don't think I've seen Uxbridge loos ever open in recent years; "these
facilities are closed due to vandalism" springs to mind.

Cockfosters (and I believe Oakwood) Station (LU) now charges 20p to use
the toilets because of repeated vandalism. All profits are donated to
charity.
Old May 18th 07, 09:05 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , Helen Deborah
Vecht writes
"Dr Ivan D. Reid" typed

wrote in .com:

At a guess, I would think Harrow-on-the-Hill would have
"facilities" (toilet has a realy unfortunate "ring" in American
English). What is the situation between East Putney and Wimbledon?

It does, but they close infeasibly early on a Friday night -- that's
how I got to know the underbelly of a nearby parking station one night...
I don't think I've seen Uxbridge loos ever open in recent years; "these
facilities are closed due to vandalism" springs to mind.

I have used them, but probably in 2004/5. Even then, they frequently
were closed due to vandalism.

Preston Road has good facilities on the platform (I think they close at
2100 or 2000), Kingsbury has facilities by the ticket barrier (also
closed late evening), Burnt Oak has a free automatic cubicle by the
entrance to Burnt Oak Library, Golders Green's facilities are horrid.

Perivale's are okay but seldom open when I sue the place (admittedly
usually on Sundays).

Stanmore's are open always as far as I can tell.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk