Old May 19th 08, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mitcham Eastfields

Despite being in the timetable and local gossip, the station was not open
today and is clearly some way from completion. Any new date proposed? Month?
Year? Century?

MaxB

Old May 19th 08, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:29:21 +0100, "Batman55"
wrote:

Despite being in the timetable and local gossip, the station was not open
today and is clearly some way from completion. Any new date proposed? Month?
Year? Century?

Paul C

Old May 19th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old May 19th 08, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

Thanks for the update.

MaxB

Old May 19th 08, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 19 May 2008 05:07:20 -0700 (PDT), Mr Thant
wrote:

On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

I posted a comment on your site about the date a week or so ago.

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

I have also seen that earlier today. Don't know how you manage to keep
abreast of everything.
--
Paul C

Old May 19th 08, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

Has there ever been a time in London when a station was opened for revenue
service, even though it was clearly unready for it?

It would not surprise me to find out that this happened several times.

Old May 19th 08, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 19 May 2008, wrote:

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

Has there ever been a time in London when a station was opened for revenue
service, even though it was clearly unready for it?

The new St Pancras?

tom

--
It is better to create badly than to appreciate well. -- Gareth Jones
Old May 19th 08, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
16:30:06 on Mon, 19 May 2008, Tom Anderson
remarked:
Has there ever been a time in London when a station was opened for revenue
service, even though it was clearly unready for it?

The new St Pancras?

I've been biting my lip all day.
Old May 20th 08, 02:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:
On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

I was there on Monday. I'm not sure why the footbridge, complete with a MIP
lift on each side, is there at all.

Old May 20th 08, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Mr Thant wrote:
On 19 May, 12:48, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes, announced on the FCC website:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=331

It certainly wasn't ready to open when I visited on Saturday:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...eks-to-go.html

I was there on Monday. I'm not sure why the footbridge, complete with a
MIP lift on each side, is there at all.

Does it just connect the station or is it for general pedestrian use?
Currently, the frequent closing of the crossing in such a built up area
causes much inconvenience (it doesn't help the road traffic much of
course!). Lifts do seem a bit over the top, but hey, it's only money!

MaxB